Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What famous hunter would you like to hunt with ?

Old 11-27-2003, 06:35 AM

Default RE: What famous hunter would you like to hunt with ?

A WABBIT hunt with Elmer Fudd could be interesting .............

Ha !
Old 11-27-2003, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Will Primos and Myles Keller would get the nod from me as 2 guys Id like to hunt with! An Elk hunt with Wilber and of course a Trophy whitetail hunt with Myles! Jerry

PS: Id share a treestand with the pretty blond with the nice buck in the above post and not really care if I saw any deer!
Old 11-27-2003, 10:14 AM

I would love to hunt again with my late father. He is the most famous hunter I know. Not on a national scale, but he was a local legend here in Central AL. He taught me everything I know about all types of hunting beginning back in 1968. His passion was the Eastern wild turkey. He passed away four years ago and I can' t step into the woods today without thinking about him and all the time he spent with my brother and me.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:55 PM

Ted Nugent by far.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:01 PM

Roger Rothaar
Old 11-27-2003, 03:52 PM

the fact that he does not use a guide like Chuck adams
schmalts - I' d suggest you read.. Life at Full Draw: The Chuck Adams Story
by Gregg Gutschow, it clears up quite a few myths about Mr. Adams and explains clearly that he uses guides where the LAW requires it. Mr. Keller is a great hunter and Mr. Adams acknowledges it in the book. However, I know of no place in the country that requires a guide to hunt whitetails...which Mr. Keller specializes in.

Second, shmalts, Pope and Young accepts velvet entries in all the caribou species. Your friend is full of it.

Old 11-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stealthman, that' s the Tiffany a couple of us alluded to earlier...

Maybe we' ll have to go and dig up some more pics of her to educate all the uninformed!

It isnt in the books because he refused to strip the velvet.
Where does this myth come from that a velvet-antlered buck can' t be put into the books?
Old 11-27-2003, 05:34 PM

Chuck Adams!
Old 11-28-2003, 09:10 AM

my choices are:
Fred Bear
Ben Pearson
Howard Hill
Saxton Pope
anyone of these would be a memorable experience,
but my first choice is my Grand Father, he was a Hard Core monster Mule Deer Hunter. Sure Miss the Ol Bear.
Hedgeapple
Old 11-28-2003, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Lets see, how many of these guys do I do seminars with and talk to on a regular basis: JESUS, Myles Keller, Greg Miller, Stan Potts, the Drury brothers, Harold Knight, David Hale, Ted Nugent, Dave Watson, M.R. James, Larry Jones, Dwight Schuh, Chuck Adams, Roger Raglin, Eddie Salter, Matt Morrett, Walter Parrot.

Hunting with anyone of them would be great, in fact I' ve hunted with a few of them.

But, no matter whether I was a gun or bow hunter, if I wanted to be wth a down-to-earth, personable guy, have fun in camp, and get a good deer over 120 inches, I' d choose the #1 Pope & Young whitetail hunter, Mike Weaver. He isn' t known much, becasue he isn' t on many pro-staffs, he doesn' t write much, and hasn' t given a lot of seminars in the midwest. But, he flat knows whitetails!!!

After listening to many of the above guys give seminars, and having had breakfast or dinner with them at the shows more than once, then listening to Mike' s seminars, realizing how much he knew about whitetails, how much love he has for the sport, his love of God, and doing an interview on hunting whitetails with him, he is my choice.

If I was elk huunting I' d pick my good friends Dwight or Larry, and since they are both Christians and often hunt togeher, I' d be plum tickled to spend a week in a tent camp with them in the mountains.

If I was hunting waterfowl, and wanted to be with more Christians I' d pick my good friends Harold and David, and Eli and Rod Haydel.

I feel very honored to have been mentioned along with the other names here. Especially since I guide other hunters and do research more than I hunt for myself. My goal is to let the other guy get the trophy, or teach them how.

If you want to read my interview with Mike Weaver, it is available on my site. Just click on Trinity Mountain Outdoor News on my home page. The articles (there are two up and one to come) are about 2/3 of the way down the middle column.

Come on over and join us on the " T.R.' s Tips" board.

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. Have a blessed Christmas, and a joyous NewYear,

God bless, and good hunting,

T.R.

Quick Reply: What famous hunter would you like to hunt with ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.