Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a new sight...Suggestions?

Old 11-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need a new sight...Suggestions?

Hey guys, I' m going to be replacing my sight after this season. What sight do you guys suggest? So far I' ve been looking at a Trophy Ridge Nitro Extreme or a Copper John Dead Nuts. I currently shoot a Savage pendulum and am not against getting another pendulum. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need a new sight...Suggestions?

I use a Spot Hog hogg-it for both hunting and 3d.

IMO the Spot Hogs are the best sight out there and yes you will pay for them but they are worth every cent.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:18 PM

I GOT THE COPPER JOHNS dead nut sights i love em although i had to pay 60 bucks for them they are the best around (THAT MY OPION) i like the looks of the nitro but never shot them i think all verticals sights look good but not as good as copper john
Old 11-18-2003, 09:26 PM

the trophy ridge matrix , its a good sight ! even though i have the one with plastic pins and haven' t had a problem with it , get the one with the steel pins!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote here for Copper John. I have had the same sight for three years on two different bows. It will be on my new bow also. They are all metal and very tough. One suggestion. If you are going to use the sight for hunting. Go with the .029 size pins. I little heavier and tougher and will hold up better in my opinion. I had the .019 pins but they got bent a couple time so I switched.

Also, the Spot-Hogg sights are tough to beat, but a little pricey compared to others. But well worth the money.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m partial to HHA single sight pins. www.hhasports.com

But if I were to go back to a 5 pin site I' d probably go with a Spot-Hogg.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

2 words.....Spot Hogg!

Best sight I have ever owned. Bright, strong, and very adjustable.

Well worth the money.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I picked up a Copper John Dead Nuts last year and I am very impressed with the durability and design of the sight as well as the brightness of the pins/pin guard. Definitely a top-notch sight.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:43 AM

Definitely Trophy Ridge, it is a great sight
Old 11-19-2003, 12:35 PM

I like the HHA style sights, several out there make them. I like the idea of moveable if need be. Some will make all kinds of stories about them but when I get into a new area I get the distances and can easily adjust the sight or me if need be on incoming deer. I do like the idea of only having one pin. Makes longer shots or darker type shots much clearer....no im not talking in the dark just early morning or foggy days.

Quick Reply: Need a new sight...Suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.