Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WOW I sucked this year!!!

Old 11-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WOW I sucked this year!!!

there' s still late archery week! maybe you can finally close the season!
Late Archery? In NY!? Please Elaborate? I thought there was only Muzzleloading???
Old 11-18-2003, 07:53 PM

well as far as blunders go, ive got you all beat, except for the hiccup one.....Sunday afternoon i was about 30 ft in a tree and about 30 yards from my dad who was in a laddar stand. Im scanning around, waiting to get some footage for my new video cam when i see a BIG boddied deer about 60 yards from both of us. I looked over to dad to try to point him towards the deer while i got my video camera out to zoom in on the deer. Well i cant get his attention and my walkie talkie went dead so i give up and get my camera out. I zoom in on the deer and notice a nice wide, real dark, probably 6-8 point rack. Then i hear " Cough cough" .... the buck jerks its head up and looks straight at my dad(he still doesnt know its there) When it jerked its head up, the trees around its dark little rack came alive, turns out all i saw was the shaddow of his 180 class rack with 2 8-10+" drop tines. After soiling myself i scramble for my walkie talkie and manage to click it a few times before it went completly dead and dad looked up and i just pointed at the deer. It stood there for a minute and then turned away from us and mosied out into the feild. It was walking straight to me until dad coughed. Oh well i guess.....i got some good footage of the biggest buck ive ever seen in my life AND i got a xmas present idea for dad... a cough silencer!
Old 11-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: voz

I called in a trophy one morning....a trophy cow.....guess she wanted to see what was bleating from inside the ground blind....stuck her face right in the window and blew her nasty breath at me until I finally moved.....
LOL, sorry ... I had to laugh at that one.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:10 PM

Late Archery? In NY!? Please Elaborate? I thought there was only Muzzleloading???
I looked it up. Looks like you get 5 more days in Dec. The 10th through the 15th
good luck
Old 11-19-2003, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

late archery sounds good, but I' ve never seen a deer in my life in late archery. I' ll stick it out in a tree as always though. Good point monsterbuckland archery isn' t over yet.hehehehehehehehe