Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just out of curiousity how many of you have ..... ?

Old 11-17-2003, 06:27 PM

Default RE: Just out of curiousity how many of you have ..... ?

Hey guys, let' s kill this post quickly.
It sounds to me like an anti is baiting us to dig our own hole.
We all know an occasional loss happens, but we do NOT need to document every instance for use against our sport.
Maybe I' m just paranoid because the aliens can read my thoughts
Old 11-17-2003, 07:47 PM

Thinking the same thing,Whats the point .Don' t mean to be judgmental, but all this post is accomplishing is to give the antis more fodder.

Joe
Old 11-17-2003, 08:43 PM

Sorry for double post... puter' malfunction...

Old 11-17-2003, 08:45 PM

2 deer this year it sucks.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-17-2003, 09:00 PM

i am no anti i was just wondering i bowhunt myself just started this year shot my first deer juss a little fella but it was the greatest feeling in the world anywayz i was just wondering because my buddy seems to be having some terrible luck on bowhunting he has wounded 3 deer this year and i have helped him look for 2 of them and never came up with much but a couple of beds and i circled and did everything i could but came up with nothing but the one he shot did die and the farmer found it and he got an eight pointer this year too but juss seems that he has bad luck or needs better shot placement i dunno anywayz what i am trying to get at is he might quit bowhunting and i dont like that idea so i am trying to convice him its happen to more people than just him so he should juss think about the shot and nothing else right or wrong just trying to help out a friend thats all the post is about

thank all you guys who did post about your shots hopefully this will be a real help to convince him not to quit and take more ethical shots
Old 11-17-2003, 09:09 PM

14 yrs. = 1
Old 11-17-2003, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

If he is not willing to practice ethical hunting, including passing up on less than perfect shots for now, then he does need to quit... in my humble opinion.

Yes it happens to most of us, something all of us regret. But from what I' m reading in this discussion board, the people here have gone past that, tried to learn more, and practice harder to make those better shots, better decisions, and improve their tracking. I know I have and will continue to.

Hopefully he can turn that aching feeling into a powerful ally to become a better hunter.

In my humble non-expert opinion.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:12 PM

one for me it was two years ago , and i still sometimes think back in my mind and say should have ,could have , would have. but no matter i can' t change the results now .
Old 11-18-2003, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

My brother just had it happen to him this year. He was hunting the Golden Triangle in Illinois and had a nice 10 about 20 yards away. He arrowed the deer a hair high and the deer ran off with the arrow sticking out both sides ! they followed the blood trail for hours but never did locate the deer. Boy was he pissed !!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

1 time in 11 years of hunting.

Quick Reply: Just out of curiousity how many of you have ..... ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.