Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dang all bow hunting in PA

Old 11-16-2003, 09:19 PM

Default dang all bow hunting in PA

so bow hunting is done here in PA. well, for the next few weeks. its time to record some more songs in the studio and clean the funk from my jeep. i hope my buddy buckshot has done well in WV!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: dang all bow hunting in PA

...and here I thought you were going to bash bowhunting.

Along those lines...you should see some of the looks I get from small game hunters when they see me in my treestand in an area that they want to push for rabbits, pheasants, etc... You would think that I was the devil himself...
Old 11-17-2003, 04:50 PM

I feel the same way.....
Told the hubby before the season started that I was going to get my deer in archery season so that I didn' t have to freeze my rear off during the rifle season. I think that comment jinxed me! Oh well...if I don' t use my tags during the rifle I can freeze again after Xmas.......
And I thought all the small game hunters were going to push the deer into my woods.....they pushed them....but not in my direction.....
Old 11-17-2003, 05:44 PM

Its over for now.... Now I cant get bear off my mind. Then deer then christmas then deer then fish
Old 11-17-2003, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Wait a minute! Let me get this straight. You mean to tell me that the Bowhunting season is over? or that you just cant bowhunt period until next year in the state of PA ?

If it s the latter oh geesh man what kind of commie crap is that?[]
Old 11-17-2003, 07:38 PM

archery season is from oct 4th - november 15th. rifle season opens dec 1st and ends the 13th. i believe bow hunting is allowed during rifle season. then late archery season opens again december 26 through january 10th... you can also hunt rifle in in special reg areas from december 26 - january 10th.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can also hunt rifle in in special reg areas from december 26 - january 10th.
just a small correction, you can' t use rifles in the spec reg areas
Old 11-17-2003, 08:54 PM

yeah, my bad. the special reg areas are shotgun zones. thanks for clearin that up PA. that would suck for some kid to have read this and then went out to one of those areas with a 30-06 and then get busted by a game warden. " but sir, they said on huntingnet.com that it was ok to hunt with a rifle." ouch!
Old 11-17-2003, 09:22 PM
nub

That bites. I still have 2.5 months![:-]
Old 11-17-2003, 10:01 PM

and don' t forget we still have late season archery !! [:-] if you can tolerate the frigid artic like weather we sometimes get here in pa you can still bowhunt , bowhunting during our rifle season would be like trying to harpoon a whale with a toothpick at least during the first week, impossible . but we may not have a totally freezing winter so december 26th archery season begins again!

Quick Reply: dang all bow hunting in PA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.