Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MY FIRST!!!!!

Old 11-14-2003, 12:32 PM

Default MY FIRST!!!!!

I woke up at about 5:15 this morning and headed out to the stand i got out to the stand about 5:45 as i was walking in i saw two does that left the bait and then i crawled into the stand and began watching the squirels play when all of the sudden two does came in a big doe and little fawn so i watch them for a little bit and decide i am taking the big one of course lol anywayz i am already i draw my bow and.... it SQEAKS because its so cold the deer take off and boy was i mad anywayz about a half hour later i see a little doe come in so i thought so i watched it for awhile at 10 yards broadside it turned to look back at the squirels noise so i drew my bow SQUEAKS again oh no i said this isnt good i hurry up aim and WHACK! I remebered what some people said on here about focus and shoot so thats what i did and I hit it i saw the arrow it was about a inch high and away from the lungs but i hit a main artery and it took one bound and down it went bellering like a son of a gun so i grab for another arrow fast and i watch and its down on the ground kicking around so i thought i spined it but i didnt because i saw it kicking its feet around so anywayz i get out of the stand run back to my cousins house at like 90mph and tell him i shot one and ask for a knife becuz i forgot mine he gives me one and we head back to my stand to put it out of its misery and then drag it away from the stand about 100yards and gutted it out when i noticed it had nuts it was a little nubby buck i was so happy it was my first deer ever with a bow and it was a little nubby buck it was probably a yearling for how small it was (70lbs)but i didnt care it was my first deer ever and boy was i happy well thanks for reading my story i will have pictures up sometime when i get them developed hopefully

good luck to everyone and shoot straight[8D]
Old 11-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MY FIRST!!!!!

Good job, congrats!
Old 11-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on taking you first deer with a bow.I also shot a Button Buck 11 years ago,which was my first deer with any weapon.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job, I enjoyed your story. Better make yourself a list of things to take next time #1 being a bow and arrow and #2 a knife. I' m not critisizing, I' ve screwed up about everything you can while hunting. Again, congratulations and now your hooked for life.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:55 PM

Congrats on your first!!! I' m still looking for mine. I promise you this: when (not if!) it happens, after taking a few pictures, I will post my story too!!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alright way to go. But why didn' t you shoot again to put it out of its misery? Did you forget to bring more than 1 arrow.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:01 PM

Congrats. got my first a couple weeks ago. AWESOME FEELING! hey im from wittenberg, u heard of that right?
Old 11-14-2003, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go brn! I took a buck on the 11th about a 1/4 mile north of Macs Landing.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!
Old 11-15-2003, 09:12 AM

thank you guys and jerseyhunter i had another arrow but i didnt want to dull or wreck another broadhead. beagle001 yea i heard of wittenburg its prabbly about an hour drive from here i live over in hortonville bowfanatic where u from?

anywayz thanks to all and shoot straight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.