Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I will be with the dark side starting Saturday..

Old 11-16-2003, 03:55 PM

Default RE: I will be with the dark side starting Saturday..

being as archery season is over , and i' m outta jerky meat , i' m gonna break out the 30-06 to put some meat in the freezer
Old 11-16-2003, 06:56 PM

Bow season here in KY runs from the first Sat. in September through the 3rd Sunday in January. You just have to follow all the rules of the gun seasons that fall in between. I actually bow hunted the opening weekend of gun season this year and had several deer come by right next to my stand while I was wearing the orange. Good confidence booster to bowhunt during gun seasons. How many states are allowed to use buckshot on deer? It is slug only if you are using a shotgun here in KY.

Old 11-16-2003, 09:15 PM

yep,

me to brother! i was hoping id get some meat and then arch hunt for the big guy, but i missed the big guy the last day of arch in PA. 10pnt 15 yards away, i shot too low anticipating him to duck the string! man, i really suck! but then again, its my first year bowhuntung and ive been doing it from the ground, so im kinda proud of my accomplishments! anywho, if i had had my rifle, id be done. so im looking forward to backstraps!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are only 2 of us that hunt archerey in my family.... Rifle season is the time that we all gather at camp. In other words, I' ll be out there Dec. 1st with the trusty ole .270! No shame in that.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:41 PM

MQ, are you sure we can bow hunt during rifle? I thought it closed while the orange-men were in the woods.

That might change my plans for this week!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven' t shot a deer with a rifle in 16 yrs. (I have shot about a half dozen with a Flintlock muzzleloader)
But I broke down and finally bought a rifle this season (A nice stainless Ruger 77 .30-06 and topped it with a Nikon Monarch) and by god SHE' S GONNA ROAR!!!

I live for bowseason but the rifle is another chance for my band of friends to gather at our hunting camp for a few days.....I' m going to give it a whirl.
Sighted it in today and it' s ready to go.

Whole different feel sitting in a stand with a rifle huh?........no more. " HMmmmm is that 33 yards to that tree, or is it only 30?"
Nothing like increasing your personal space by about 300 yards.[:-]