Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Optical illusion

Old 11-13-2003, 03:50 PM

Default RE: Optical illusion

I thought it was low but not absolutely sure. At 15 yards the think didn' t really have time to jump the string or anything.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Were you able to recover the deer, Scooba?
Old 11-13-2003, 03:59 PM

I think the illusion comes from the Arrow and the deer moving so quickly that your brain cant honestly figure it out. Plus most of the time you are using the feathers for reference, that deer can move and the arrow can be deflected enough after the shot that the feathers is what your brain " remembers"
Old 11-13-2003, 03:59 PM

No. I was sitting just inside the edge of a field. When I shot she ran with two others out of sight into the field and I couldn' t tell which way it went after that. I found several sets of tracks in the field but wasn' t sure which was from my deer. I followed each but found no blood so I started zigzagging back and forth working away from the field. I did this on both sides of the field but to no avail. I hate losing one. It really makes me sick to do that.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:03 PM

I think you are right. After I shoot I always concentrate hard on exactly what I have just seen to help judge when I should get down and begin retrieval. I sit there going ok did I see what I thought I thought saw. You want to make your mind go into slow mo like on the videos.