Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MID-DAY ANYONE????

Old 11-13-2003, 09:33 AM

Default MID-DAY ANYONE????

Here in SW Ohio, it looks as though the rut is kicking in...I am going to be hunting tomorrow between 10am-2pm. Has anyone had any luck hunting during the mid-day? I am hoping to see some bucks chasing. Haven' t seen much rutting activity yet, but I think cooler temps. will change that. I am just curious to know what to expect tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MID-DAY ANYONE????

On Monday, the activity was all at midday. I didn' t see much until a little after 10am when buck were chasing does all over. The wind here on the east coast is gusting over 62, so I will be waiting until it gets a little safer before I go out.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:43 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

AHHHHH the 10oclocck deer. While the majority of deer I have run into havn' t been midday, I have seen two nice bucks and a doe in the last two years right around 10 am. one of the Bucks was a freakin monster. I missed. The doe is in a cooler full off icce and saltwater right now. the other buck came right into my shooting zone but I was too busy eating a bannana to notice till it was too late.

David. good luck
Old 11-13-2003, 10:08 AM

The last time out I saw four bucks at the following times or there abouts:

6:50AM
10:45AM
2:30PM
4:15PM

If this wind eases up I plan on doing all dayers the next two days. You never know when he will show up this time of year. Jim
Old 11-13-2003, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted all day Monday and saw everything their was to see between 2:15 and 2:45 PM so I would feel confidant in saying that midday is a good time to be ready.

Really windy right now, but I am heading out tomorrow for an all day hunt.

BTW. A good buddy of mine saw a non typical " give" it to a tasty little doe.

She complied and gave it up. He did his thing and was on his way...

That happened this morning. November 13, 2003.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:15 AM

Go for it. This year I started hunting from 12pm on. All the deer I would see would come in before 3pm. Good luck.