Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need help!!!

Old 11-13-2003, 06:19 AM

Default RE: I need help!!!

my wife has the same problem, she cold freeze laying on tthe beach in august.
we layer her cloths, use a neck warmer(gator) and a warm hat, we also use a belt that holds the hot hands on her lower back. she still beats me to the truck on cold days, but she now last a lot longer.[:-]
Old 11-13-2003, 12:02 PM

my down filled vest keeps me warm on the coldest days ....... fits under my camo ..... I also wear wool long underwear, wool shirt, and my camo balaclava keeps my face and neck and head warm ........

Old 11-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the feet: wicking type sock liners and neoprene socks over them - works great!

Rest of the body: good long underwear, fleece sweats or insulated jeans (these are great), then the ol' insulated bibs over this. I go lighter up top for freedom of movent but you can' t beat a good thick fleece/wool sweater. Covering the neck is also important as previously mentioned.

My dad always tends to freeze his nuts off, so he wears his 12-volt heated Harley vest under his coat.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:44 PM

My tip would be the boots. When it is cold here and sitting in a stand or ice fishing , nothing works better for me than a pair of goverment issue "Mickey Mouse" Boots. They have never let me down. Alittle bulky but worth it on those really cold days.
Check your local army/ navy store , surplus, they may have new and used ones. I always got used ones. I use one pair of wool socks.