Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BIG SNOW STORM

Old 11-12-2003, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default BIG SNOW STORM

Here in the Western End of the Upper Pennisula, were supposed to get up to 14 inches of snow by end of tonight.......what a change that' ll make.....
Old 11-12-2003, 05:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: BIG SNOW STORM

That is something I wish would happen during deer season in Va. more often, the last buck I killed was right after one of those rare snow days in season in Va.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am guessing Michigan??

From what I saw on the weather channel last night we are supposed to be getting some kind of wintry mix here in PA tomorrow at some point.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yah, here in Michigan, Here in da U.P. Eh....
Old 11-12-2003, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

ehhh I thought that was a Canadian term!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well heck, at first I did not know if it was Florida, Oklahoma or Mexico. These regional terms can be difficult at times....
Old 11-12-2003, 07:51 AM

It' s about time Mathews...we just got a couple inches here in Colorado overnight. Good Luck!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I am guessing Michigan??

From what I saw on the weather channel last night we are supposed to be getting some kind of wintry mix here in PA tomorrow at some point.
Yep, from what I heard this morning we could get a dusting of snow here in Pittsburgh but the mountain areas could see an inch or so. Funny how we go from record temps one week to snow the next.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m not sure why, but snow seems to slow down the deer activity in my hunting areas. I go out, but don' t see nearly as many deer as without the snow.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:25 PM

Mathews....I got out of camp just in time!! It was a white out when I left this afternoon. About 10 miles south of Hurley and it was nothing. I thought the bucks would really move this morning, but not. Yesterday afternoon they were though, I had the only shooter for the long weekend get in front of me, but he was chasing this poor doe relentlesly for almost a half hour and never gave me a good clean shot. He was only an 8, but a tall, wide, clean rack...actually unusual, because usually the big boys are thick with mass and not real wide? Oh well. Passed on a nice 7 and let a few other small racked bucks and a couple of spike/fours go too.

You should have an awesome rifle opener Saturday after this big blow settles down.!!!

Quick Reply: BIG SNOW STORM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.