Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tinks 69 scaring does away

Old 11-11-2003, 08:25 PM

Default Tinks 69 scaring does away

After killing a doe which fulfills my NJ earn a buck obligations, I am now hunting a big 8 point or better in a small set of woods surrounded by partially cut bean fields. Tonight, I decided to place Tinks #69 in a good place near my stand. The wind was blowing toward a known bedding area and in the direction a big buck came from prior to me being allowed by NJ Regulations to be able to shoot. Anyway, tonight, I had about 7-8 does walking from the bedding area, right towards my treestand. The lead doe, clearly the one in charge of this mixed age group, seemed to get spooked a bit by the Doe in Heat formula. I practice very good scent control and regularly have deer right under my stand, so I don' t believe she was smelling me.

Has anyone else had doe get bothered or spooked by Doe-in-heat scents you placed in the woods?

Thanks
Old 11-11-2003, 08:30 PM

Default RE: Tinks 69 scaring does away

No i never have had any spooking deer with scents you might just try some plain doe urine and wait about 2 weeks and use the doe in heat.

Nice bow
Old 11-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

I have never had that kind of problem. I had a doe on Saturday evening lick my scent wick in which I had code blue on. The bucks should come running in Jersey to tinks that is if they aren' t holed up with a doe already, the rut is really on.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve never had doe get spooked by it , but I' ve had big bucks high tail it off! I dont touch the crap anymore.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Fork Horn

I think you have to be very careful in how much you use as well. Five to Six drops can go a long way. That stuff is very potent so make sure you use it in the right dosage. I am sure others agree.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:00 PM

Is it possible that you might have had some human scent on your scent bomb.
I' m not sure how you put your Tinks out. But you really have to be careful on how
you handle it and dispurse the scent.
Good Luck J.J.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Fork Horn

I tagged a dandy 10 pt. 2 years ago using Tinks 69, but in an unorthodox, and admittingly not recommened way. It was the last day off rifle season, and I usually throw my excess botte(s) of scents away, so I dumped the remander of my Tinks out. About around sunset a doe appeared in front of me, and went almost right to the spot I dumped the Tinks out at. I got scared thinking she was going to catch where I walked in and placed the scent...ironically she seemed miffed by it, walking around it, smelling it, and acting weird by always looking behind her for about 10 minutes. I figured there would be another doe, she was always with... I Little did I know there was a dandy buck following her. I caught him, a 10 point as he snuck within 40 yards in front of me grunting heavily after her. I dropped him in his tracks as the doe watched from Tinks 69 dump site. Weird, but true story!
Old 11-12-2003, 05:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, I have heard several folks say that using any doe-in-estrous scent can and does have the tendency to spook does especially if the rut is not in full swing at that time...
Old 11-12-2003, 07:49 AM

Thanks everyone. There are plenty of deer in my woods, I think I' ll just let the does come in naturally, and hope big daddy buck follows them into my area.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

A lot of folks are complaining about tink' s 69. I don' t use it that much. So I really can;t say that it is junk. But Code blue is awesome. I dumped a whole bottle around my stand yesterday and the bucks that were coming by went straight to it. This stuff is great.
good luck

Quick Reply: Tinks 69 scaring does away

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.