Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tinks 69 scaring does away

Old 11-12-2003, 09:52 AM

Default RE: Tinks 69 scaring does away

I don' t buy the stuff that is prepackaged except for Hawgs synthetic. I buy direct from a deer farm. Buy Doe estreus urine from walmart and then buy some from a farm, their is absolutely no comparision, completely 2 different smells.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:54 AM

Code Blue is by far the best. I had a ten pointer walk right out of the thicket about 15 minutes after i set the scent wick. Amazingly he walked right out on top of it. Last night I had a doe come out right as i got back to my stand, she didnt give me any time. Followed the whole scent trail right to the wick. Code Blue is 100% No additives. Even has a number on it from the exactdeer they took the estrus urine from.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:11 AM

That is one reason why I quit using estrous scent. I had a scent wick out with James Valley estrous on it about 30 yards in front of me. Well a group of 4 does started heading my way with a nice P&Y 10-pointer hot on their heels. Everthing was going perfect until the lead mature doe got down wind of the scent wick with estrous scent on it. She about flipped out. She started blowing and stomping her foot. Well the buck really paid no mind to her but she would not continue up the trail past the scent wick. So in short she turned and went back the way she came taking the big 10-pointer with her. That was 3 years ago and I haven' t bought any estrous scent since. I feel that if the buck comes in by himself you are fine but if he is following a doe you might be in trouble!