Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guys and Gals, I need help finding...

Old 11-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Guys and Gals, I need help finding...

... some light uninsulated clothing that is wind and waterproof, quiet and CHEAP. Around $30-$40 each for a jacket (parka, pullover, etc) and pants. Doesn' t even need to be camo, as I plan to wear it under my ASAT 3D suit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have my colder weather needs well served with Cabelas Revolution Fleece (thanks again, Frank!), but need something along these lines for warmer weather conditions.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:37 PM

Default RE: Guys and Gals, I need help finding...

Rangeball, check catalogs like sportsmans guide, cheaper than dirt, cabelas bargain cave, bass pro clearance.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:50 PM

I have a pair of Wall' s insulated coveralls that are really warm for $70. You could go with a pair of uninsulated coveralls for around $40-50. could get some plain ones cheaper also. Im not sure how well they would be for layering.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only problem I see finding what you are looking for is 3 little words.......windproof, waterproof, & cheap. In my experince, I have not been able to find that combination, sorry.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone else?
Old 11-12-2003, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tabby
I have a pair of Wall' s insulated coveralls that are really warm for $70
Hey... I have the same ones in Advantage Timber. They also make un-insulated coveralls too. Man, I remember last season wearing the insulated coveralls and then the temp warmed up a bit too much in the afternoon. I was dying in the thing... I felt like I was in a sauna... Sweated my a$$ off and stunk with B.O. []

Rangeball.... You could look at a Cabela' s catalog and pickup the nylon pullover set (shirt/pants) that is camo. It is real nice, but not waterproof. I' d look at Cabela' s lightweight camo clothing for ideas. Hope this helps.

Butch
Old 11-12-2003, 08:25 AM

Hey range check this stuff out it might be what your looking for and its in camo!

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/...qx/product.asp
Old 11-12-2003, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can find good deals at Sierratradingpost.com
Old 11-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Ngtshade, that' d fit the bill if it was about 1/2 that price...

If I was buying it myself, that' d work perfect. Problem is, family members want x-mas gift ideas from me, and I don' t want them to spend more than about $30 or so...
Old 11-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

RB,

Almost got ya covered. Check out the Stearns Growler Rainwear in Cabelas...or their Rain-Lite Rainwear. I have experience and would recommend the former though I do not/cannot recommend the latter as I have no experience with it other than seeing it in the catalog and knowing that it almost fits your criteria.

The jacket is a bit over what you suggested in price but not by much.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Guys and Gals, I need help finding...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.