Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all those that bring so much stuff with them to hunt...

Old 11-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: For all those that bring so much stuff with them to hunt...

I' m with badshot, keep it to a minimum. If I get one, I' ll have time to go back and get more stuff. I use one of those strap on headlamps and bino strap for my glasses. Real handy. Most of the time I try to keep it down to what fits in pockets. Other times I use a fanny type pack. Has about enough pockets that you can overload it if your not careful. It varies but TP, knife, scent, grunt, empty plastic bottle w/screw, headlamp,scent kill usually all I take. I' ve used the turkey vest a few times and it works good, too. Also depends on how long I plan to be, half day, all day.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:11 PM

grunt tube hangs around neck, release goes on wrist.... there is one empty pocket. small drag rope, face mask, bow hand glove and knife in one pocket, water and snacks in other pocket. no need for binos, aint gonna glass for a deer at 200 yrds when i only have 30 yrds to work with. toastie toes in the proper location and face mask goes on as i enter the woods. my grunt tube doubles as a bong and i carry my spare bag of weed in my sock just in case five-o shows up.

oh, flashlight also goes in side pocket. get some cargo pants, they come in handy.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:29 PM

You have the same problem like a woman who can never find that perfect purse. Just kidding!!! Just a womans point of view...........