Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 Bucks in 3 Days- ASAT for Sale!! (pics)

Old 11-11-2003, 10:02 AM

Default RE: 2 Bucks in 3 Days- ASAT for Sale!! (pics)

Nice buck and especially nice to harvest from the ground!! Yeah I have not bought into the ASAT camo thing either. I know they sponsor this site and all but I really think that remaining motionless is the key to hunting success. I have a variety of camo paterns and as long as I reamin motionless and have something around me to break up my outline game never seems to see me. But to each their own.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer and great story. THAT is hunting. Nice job, congrats!
Old 11-11-2003, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Phil J.

I attribute that to good background and no movement.

Phil J and Hankfan, that' s what I' m trying to say in my posts, you don' t have to be as still while wearing ASAT. I was moving all over the place while those doe were laying there and they didn' t spook at all. Maybe one or two not noticing is easily accomplished, but all four for over an hour and a half?

And the buck didn' t notice me while I was stalking in the stuff. I have walked as slowly, and more quitely, up the logging road of my property in various outfits and got busted right away. This buck passed 45 yards behind me as I was walking or just finished walking and was kneeling, and never paid me any mind. There was nothing but tree trunks between us because I hadn' t reached the thick stuff yet.

I' m sure I' m not gonna change your minds, but in my humble and limited opinion, the stuff works as advertised.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bucks. I remember you looking forward to this upcoming time to hunt. And for obvious good reason. Way to go.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:49 PM

Great story...great bucks...congratulations!

Old 11-11-2003, 05:56 PM

congratulations...i need some of that ASAT
Old 11-11-2003, 06:15 PM

Congratulations! Great deer - enjoyed your story too
Old 11-11-2003, 06:48 PM

great story and a nice buck ill be trying out my new asat this weekend hope it works for me like it did you
Old 11-11-2003, 07:29 PM

Yep, ASAT is awesome, I waited to order mine and it got backordered until the last week of Oct and have only used it a few times but it is unbelievable. I sat 9 ft off the ground in a tree with no limbs (this is the stand a buddy of mine put up) and had 5 does and 2 bucks walk by at 20yds and never bat an eye at the 275lb lump in the tree.

Congrats on the buck
Old 11-11-2003, 07:47 PM

HANKFAN, you wrote...
I know they sponsor this site
Now I must say that we do have a link to Hunting.net on our web site www.asatcamo.com , however, they do not sponser us and we do not sponser them (this site that is). Their link on our site is my way of saying " Thank You" to hunting.net for allowing our name and the philosophy of the ASAT Camo pattern to be spoken about on their forums. No money ever has changed hands for sponsorship and ASAT Camouflage does not and has never paid anyone for using our products, ask any one of the guys that brag on how well it works. They do it out of brand loyalty and that' s what we live on. We should all thank God that we live in a country that allows us our own opinions and beliefs.

Thanks for your time,

Quick Reply: 2 Bucks in 3 Days- ASAT for Sale!! (pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.