Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TERRIBLE WEEKEND.....

Old 11-11-2003, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default TERRIBLE WEEKEND.....

Well, I dont even know where to begin. Well, I' ll start out by.......I was on my way to my treestand when i was half way there and realized i left my release in the truck. 1/4 mile. Had to go get it of course. After all the BS, i finally get to my treestand, but NO TREESTAND...So now you could say I' m a little upset. Well, i decided to hunt anyways and not too far from where my treestand USED TO BE, is a big windfall, so i set up in there. about 45 min pass and i see two does about 35 yrs in front of me, when all of a sudden a BIG BUCK comes crashing out from behind them. He stops quartering towards me at a mere 17yrds lookin from the way he came. I draw back, take aim and let it rip. Pass through... but looks like part lung, liver ....... I get on the phone and call the girlfriend and tell her i' m gonna be later , I just shot a big buck.. she says OK... I go look for my arrow and find it... Now it gets bad.....after i retrieved my arrow i decided to let the deer sit and wait, so i went back home instead of looking for the deer...well the girlfriend thought i was gonna be AWHILE.. I get home, and she comes out of the bedroom.. I go in there and there is my F*%$#*^&$ing neighbor.... I dont have to tell you the rest.... Needless to say I got in a fight with him, broke my hand..well after going to the doc' s and geting a cast half way to my elbow. (Boxers fracture) I went back to look for my deer and try to get my mind off all the BS. I go back with a buddy and we find blood... we tracked it for about 125 yrd to just find a GUT PILE.. thats RIGHT.. a GUT PILE.. someone found my deer and took it.. I' m assuming same guy who took my treestand.. and prolly same guy who kicked the deer up and made him run to me........

I think I give up.......

So what you think about that......

I found out yesterday who the guy was and went and had a talk with him... he wont give me my deer back... its a 10 pt.....
Old 11-11-2003, 06:56 AM

Default RE: TERRIBLE WEEKEND.....

Sounds like a cardeer story.

That sucks about your deer and girlfriend.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:59 AM

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I would be more po' d about the deer and stand. You are better off w/o your ex.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly!!
Old 11-11-2003, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the entertainment too
Old 11-11-2003, 07:01 AM

Dude, That' s the worst day I' ve ever heard of. The one thing you' ve got going for you is it can' t get any worse. Now you don' t have a girl so you can spend more time in the woods. Sorry about your luck man. Go to the DNR and tell them about this guy with your deer, maybe they can do something. Good luck with everything man.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Contact your local game warden. If you can prove that it was a legal and lethal hit, the deer is yours. There are laws against stealing deer in most states. I remember this way back from my hunters education class. Don' t wash your arrow as the blood and tissue can be your evidence. As for your, ahem, girlfriend, remember she put out the bait, the guy just came in for a snack. We are always quick to blame the other guy when it is the girl who was giving it up in your apartment. That sucks man. I hope you can keep your sanity and move on.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

By the way, I had my 75 yr old dad kick his hiney too
Old 11-11-2003, 09:16 AM

Man that is rough. I feel for ya. Did ya at least get the better of the neighbor, even though ya brok your hand?
Old 11-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Talk about having a bad day. Sorry to hear it man. I guess it can only get better from here though.

Quick Reply: TERRIBLE WEEKEND.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.