Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Pendulum

Old 02-03-2002, 02:08 PM

Default The Pendulum

Going to the pendulum for the first time in my bow set up...has anyone had any luck with them...good or bad points....are both appreciated.

Edited by - day4day on 02/03/2002 15:18:09
Old 02-03-2002, 02:14 PM

Default RE: The Pendulum

I used the keller for one year. it was great for in the tree but a real hassle for level on the ground shots
Old 02-03-2002, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I used the salvage and liked it very well.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

when I shot wheels and saw one of those the what if's where too big. Freezing rain, twigs or dirt clogging it up...you sure dont want to find that out at full draw at the moment of truth!
Old 02-04-2002, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Keller and like Lilhunter said you got to watch the free moving sight. Two years ago we were in a bad snow storm and my sight got covered, I blew the snow off. Mistake, my breath blew most of the snow of but frooze up might sight. I didn't realize this until I was at full draw. I put my arm down and I was like...hold on something isn't right. The pin never swung. I still use the sight and really like it for the most part but know I always check to see if I'm moving freely. Good Luck!
Old 02-04-2002, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

You notice most of these answers are in the past tense....I am with the majority on this one, I've tried them and didn't care for them. If they did some major tweaking to improve some things, I would consider giving them 'another shot'.

Just my two cents.

Chad
Old 02-04-2002, 08:31 AM

Try the Preditor IV it is very quiet and has never frozen up on me. Depending on your bow speed it will be good from 5 to 35/40 yards from a tree stand. You can also put fixed pins on the sight to shoot from ground.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only pendulum sight anyone in my hunting circle has tried that we all liked was the Savage Pendulum Max.Solid construction and very quiet.The Keller always seemed to generate a loud "ping" when shot.If I had to shoot one I would go with the Savage. Good luck
Old 02-04-2002, 10:28 AM

I am the only one who still uses a pendulum sight so far.I have used one for many years now and just love it.The good points I don't have to worry about any pin or which one to use.Any thing out to 35yds is no problem.It lets me concentrate on shot placement only.The draw back is hunting on the ground I will shoot high with it.I stick to tree stand hunting only.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I won't trade my keller for anything. Never failed me yet.

Quick Reply: The Pendulum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.