Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oklahoma Bowkill

Old 11-10-2003, 10:47 AM

Default RE: Oklahoma Bowkill

Tex Cowboy the deer are on the move and if this cooler weather keeps up the hunting will continue to be good. This Buck came from NE, Ok area. My friends hunted NW Okla this past weekend and did well. GOOD LUCK.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice deer. Congrats!
Old 11-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Okbwhtr! I' m going up to Woods Co. to a tract my dad bought this summer. I scouted it a month or so ago but I haven' t hunted it yet. It is 15 miles north of Alva, on the KS line. I invited a buddy and we are going to go see what happens. I' m with you, if this weather stays cool then the hunting should be good. I' d just like to see some good bucks even if I don' t kill one. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:32 PM

NICE BUCK.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck, congrats!
Old 11-10-2003, 12:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Beautiful buck. Congratulations.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Buck, Congrats![8D]
Old 11-10-2003, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go
Old 11-10-2003, 09:22 PM

Tex Hunter Woods Co is Oklahoma hot spot. Good friend has the number four largest primative deer killed in Oklahoma. It was killed in Alva area. Good luck and be sure to take pictures.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

OkBwhtr, I' m glad to hear that! From what I' ve heard we should have a good chance at seeing some nice deer. Getting them in bow range might be a different story though.

Hmm, 4th largest primitive kill in the Alva area.....makes me wonder.... The place we are hunting is 480 acres my dad bought and back several years ago a guy killed a 204 7/8 non typical with a muzzleloader on the place. Makes me wonder if it' s not the same person? I don' t know the guys name off hand but I could ask my dad and found out. I' ve got a photo of the buck and he' s a monster!

I' m really getting pumped. I' ve been packing and getting ready all evening. We are leaving early Wed. morning. I have a question about checking in your deer though. Do I have to gut the deer before checking it in? I normally hang and skin my deer and then cut the meat right off the bone. I don' t gut or quarter the deer. I sure don' t want to leave the guts in the deer long but I just wondered if you could weigh in a deer with the guts? Just curious. If I kill one, I' ll be so excited it won' t matter.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Bowkill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.