Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you have to wear camo??

Old 11-09-2003, 09:13 AM

Default Do you have to wear camo??

Im new to bowhunting. Heck, I havent even got my hunting license and tags yet.[:' (] I just bought a bow about a month ago and getting pretty good with it. Now the question is, CAMO IS EXPENSIVE!![].....do I have to wear it, am I wasting my time if I dont? I bought a wrap around face shield, and my required orange blaze, but can I just put on some jeans and a solid green flannel shirt? Thanks in advance for the input.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:38 AM

Default RE: Do you have to wear camo??

Definetly,

You can hunt in Hawian Shirts also, actually, if deer see in a grayscale like most people believe, then a Hawian shirt is awsome camo.

People have been killing deer in jeans and flannel shirts for longer than people have been killin them while wearing camo, so, to answer your question, yes you can archery hunt with out camo!!!!

BUT......................... you are going to have to pay more attention to your stand placement. Stay off the trail, you want the deer walking past you not at you! You want to make sure that there is alot of stuff behind you from the deers angle. You want limbs and leaves and sticks, ect.... that way the deer won' t pick up your outline! You are also going to have to watch your movements!! Keep them minimal and try to move (get ready for the shot, draw back your bow, ect) when the deers head is being blocked!

Camo is a good thing to have, but, it isn' t nessecary. Some people will tell you that getting good camo is a waist, deer don' t care what kind of camo you have, it is a way for lazy people to take the upperhand, ect..... but, you will also have those who will tell you that you have to have a certain type of camo or you will not be successful at all. I am in the middle of this crowd. I use camo, ASAT camo, which is a lesser known camo (except on here), but, it is made to break up your outline. It is by far the most effective camo out there. Also, it isn' t very expensive for a whole suit. You can get a whole suit for around $145.00
Old 11-09-2003, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you have to wear camo??

I shot my First deer with a 410 shotgun sitting in the limb of a tree at 50 yards wearing blue jeans and white T-shirt...