Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camera cut aways!!!!!

Old 11-09-2003, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Camera cut aways!!!!!

I am here at home Sunday morning (can' t hunt Sundays in Va.) and some of the hunting shows I am watching they cut away the second the archer releases so you never get to see the hit!!!!! To me this is a farce or a cover up! Are they making bad hits or are they trying to please the antis?
Old 11-09-2003, 06:56 AM

Default RE: Camera cut aways!!!!!

I think it is to please the anti' s, but on some shows, before it starts it will say:" Warning this program may contain impact shots;Viewer descretion is advised." So I think that they are getting braver and actually showing the impacts, because of the warning.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:03 AM

P.C. for sure Taz. It just wouldn' t be wholesome enterntainment if the shot was actually shown.

I' ve seen many of your posts and have always wanted to tell you that I' m proud of your son also. I don' t have to know him to be proud of him. Pass the word along that there are plenty of folks who appreciate the sacrifice he and all military personnel are making. Semper Fi
Old 11-09-2003, 07:09 AM

Are they doing that again?....I guess I won' t be watching their shows anymore.....they tried that crap of breaking away and not showing the hit awhile back, and I guess hunters raised cane, because they started showing the hits again. My guess was they did it for the nonhunting viewers that might be flipping through the channels, who knows why they do the stuff they do. You can bet it has something to do with the almighty dollar though.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Billy I think it is a combo of PC and good hunters raising hell because some of the shots they did show were gut shots and the hunter would turn to the camera after a gut shot and sat " Great hit" The better shows still show the hit, I think one reason is they have hunters who make good shots or will say they have made a bad shot.

Jimimac thanks for the compliments on my son, I am very proud of him also and every person in the military.

Old 11-09-2003, 07:24 AM

That' s one reason I enjoy realtree roadtrips so much.
I don' t understand why there' s no sunday hunting in some states....
It wouldn' t matter to me today, as I overslept....brain not functioning...must find coffee....
Old 11-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Actually, there are several factors at play here.

1. Many of the networks have stipulations in their contracts woth syndicated programming as to violent content. If said network prevents said content, the impact must be edited out. ESPN and Spike TV for sure have violence contracts.

2. With the wonderful advent of V Chips and the TV ratings system, graphic impact images will get the hunting shows a Mature rating. Anyone implementing their V chips will not be able to watch matur programs without passwords. Typically, the V chips are put in use by many families to keep their children from watching inappropriate programming. Unfortunately, the chips are not that smart, and they cannot decipher between hunting shows and actual inappropriate programming.

Most of the programs simply edit out the impact to keep from receiving the mature content rating, it is not cowering to antis.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

I believe Reylamb has covered it all.

Old 11-09-2003, 12:59 PM

For some of those guys, I wished they would cut away. One guy on a show the other day shot a warthog in the spine and acted like he was trying to. That' s definitely something I wouldn' t want being projected as normal and something to strive for. Other than that, I think impacts and death sequences should be mandatory. If you' re not prepared to deal with the animal being hit and dying in front of you, don' t go in the woods. It' s a big part of the experience.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

I' m squimish about shooting a poor, defensless, pretty little bambi with those big brown eyes. How could ya' ll? Please don' t let me see a kill shot.... [>:] : )

Quick Reply: Camera cut aways!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.