Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camera cut aways!!!!!

Old 11-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camera cut aways!!!!!

LOL. Well, I always thought it was interesting. After all, people tuning into these shows are watching hunting. Not a trip to the zoo. Sooner or later a shot will present itself ... I don' t see why they shouldn' t show it.

Old 11-10-2003, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

reylamb it was not the network doing it because there were several shows afterward that did show the hits.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

A little bit of both I believe Taz. Poor shot placement and poor penetration are sure to bring harsh criticism...

..and I am just as sure that showing blood spurting from an open wound would be more than mildly offensive to many folks...not necessarily just antis.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Taz,

Keep in mind, alot of these shows air on many different networks, and many actually air on local over the air TV stations. The shows producers must edit according to the strictest airing station. They will not take the time, nor the expense to edit the same show various different ways according to the various different outlets they may be shown on.

Also, figure in that some of the shots may be edited out because of poor shot placement.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Also, figure in that some of the shots may be edited out because of poor shot placement
This is what I feel lead to this more than anything, I am horrible with names, but I noticed that the folks that are notorious for bad hits and claiming they are great hits are the ones doing the editing!!!! There is one husband wife team that really torques my jaw with some of their " GREAT SHOTS" , they are now editing the hits out thank goodness.

BTW I hadn' t thought about the same show being aired on different networks.