Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Essential treestand supplies?

Old 11-07-2003, 10:15 PM

Default Essential treestand supplies?

Hey All,

First off... I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone here at the boards! I have been soaking in all the info I can! This is my first year in the fine sport of bowhunting! And all of the info you have shared is PRICELESS!!!

Since I' m new to the sport, I' m wanting to know what type of gear I should take with me to my stand? I mean besides the obvious bow & arrows! Any list of items that have helped you in the past? Any " tricks fo the trade" items? I just purchased a rattle bag & grunt call recently. That' s pretty much all I have purchased so far. I want to hear from you guys before I go out & buy things that attract deer hunters instead of deer!

Thanks, Goob
Old 11-07-2003, 10:20 PM

Default RE: Essential treestand supplies?

PULL UP ROPE TO PULL BOW UP WITH .BOW HOLDER SCREW IN TYPE,STRAPS, EXTRA ROPE WITH A HOOK ON IT JUST IN CASE ANYTHING FALLS OUT OF YOUR TREESTAND YOU CAN PULL IT BACK UP.MANY MORE BUT OTHER HUNTERS WILL COVER IT.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:27 PM

i try to minimize what i carry to my stand. a pull up rope, grunt tube, and maybe a flashlight. i try to stay minimal, the less things you have up there the less you have to worry about. but i would get together a box of bow essentials. you can buy a plano box at Wal-Mart. put some fletching glue, razorblades, extra server, lighter, and a set of allen head wrenches. you need to have something like this in your truck in case something goes wrong. Good Luck!!
Old 11-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

i carry the bare minimum and opt for a backpack that i can hang, vs stuffing my pockets. i put all my extra cloths(hat gloves etc), small flashlite, a couple of pb&j sandwiches and bottle of water, knife, rubber gloves, and flagging tape. my haul rope is always tied to my stand. i used to carry a buch of stuff, but have figured out that less works better for me.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:43 AM

i dont really mind carrying stuff out to my stand, usually in my backpack i keep: pull up rope, extra release(ive had some bad luck with misplacing my release in the past), spotlight, in the evenings(incase i need to track one in the dark), flashlight, gloves and extra gloves, face mask, sock cap, ummm.... long list... my gerber bone/limb saw, usually an archers allen wrench tool thing, grunt/bleat call, rattle bag, bincocs. Im not a real organised person so i try to keep almost all my stuff together, and take it with me even if i know i wont need it. cause i know if i take it out and set it somewhere, ill forget where it is, or MOM will come along and move it...etc and ill end up in the woods needing it and not having it. A few extra pounds to carry nevery hurt anyone. oh, new item to add to my list, my NEW! Sony Handicam!
Old 11-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

I carry no more than I have to. I always have to pack my climber in as where I hunt you can' t leave stands up. So I usually put bare essentials in a small fanny pack. Plus I always carry a bottle of water.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

SAFETY HARNESS
Old 11-08-2003, 12:09 PM

Pull-up robe
Release
Grunt call
Screw in bow holder
Saftey Harness
Knife
Saw
Flashlight
Water
Compass
Flagging Tape
Toboggan
Gloves
Powder wind tester
Scents/Lures
Scent away spray
Paper Towels
Leafy wear suit
Extra flashlight batteries
Face Paint
Binoculars

That about does it, of course I' ve got a 20lb back pack
Old 11-08-2003, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Dont forget the Toasty Toes!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:15 PM

Toboggan ?

Quick Reply: Essential treestand supplies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.