Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What' s The Status Of The Rut In Your Area??

Old 11-06-2003, 10:50 PM

Default RE: What' s The Status Of The Rut In Your Area??

Starting to look pretty good here in n.c. kansas, havent got out much last few days with school working me over pretty good but the little time i have been out ive seen some bucks really working the does pretty good, sat a stand tue even. and had a monster 10 chasing 3 does down the river bottom, they ran by me within 20 yds 3 times but i could never get him to slow down to even a trot, oh well thats the breaks of hunting the rut.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been seeing a signficant number of ruts and scrapes in my area for the last two to three weeks though the last 4 or 5 days I have also seen bucks chasing does in several areas.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:34 AM

pre-rut beginning here in north ms.,rut will begin first week in dec.during muzzleloading.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:58 AM

Its finally heatin' up in MI
Old 11-07-2003, 08:02 AM

I am banking on hot pre-Rut action the next week

Then the peak should come soon
Old 11-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Should be any day now. I saw a small six chasing a doe last night and 2 seperate 8' s chasing does this morning but no big guys chasing anything yet. It is suppose to get colder here so that should heat the big boys up.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:17 AM
Log

been seeing bucks chaseing does around for the last two weeks! i have had bucks responding to grunts since the second week of oct! last nite though i watched a real nice 8 point chasing as strong as i have ever seen! running fast behind the does in circles and figure eights and gruntin' the whole time!! i think we are starting to get into rut. here we go, it is time to bag the wall hangers!!! good luck all....Bad Axe, MI.....in the " thumb" of the state! lol for those whom do not understand..look at a map you' ll see what i am talking about.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:01 PM

Default Good News Hankfan!

Hankfan-

Hunted Nicholas Co. (Central WV) this evening and saw a buck breed two does. Out in the field he took care of one.....then sauntered over and took care of the other....

Also, saw another group of does with a small buck running around them.

Looks like things are starting up.....here we go!
Old 11-07-2003, 06:21 PM

springgobbler- I am glad things are heating up in your neck of the woods because here it is at a stand still. Me and a friend hunted daylight till dark today and never saw the first deer. There are beds and scrapes around all 3 of my stands but I am not seeing any deer whatsoever. Maybe things will pick up in a couple of days!
Old 11-07-2003, 06:46 PM

It' s Nov. 7th and I watched a nice 130 class 4X5 heavy beam bruser tending a doe for about 1 1/2 hours. They never moved out of a 50X50 yard area all the time I watched. That buck was licking her like a doe would lick her new born fawn!! She never offered to move off, just stood there kinda " humped up" and took it!!! The buck did mount her but didn' t stay on very long. They were about 350 yards away while I watched through my old 10X50 Redfields. I grunted and rattled up a storm and got a few " serious" looks but he wan' t leaving that doe for nothing.
Hunt hard guys!!! It' s time to put in the hours!!!!

Quick Reply: What' s The Status Of The Rut In Your Area??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.