Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Viper, Ol man Double X Series Multi-Vision, or video camera??

Old 11-05-2003, 06:44 PM

Default Summit Viper, Ol man Double X Series Multi-Vision, or video camera??

Well i am faced with a predicament. To buy a climber, or to buy a video cam to film my hunts. I have access to my dads 80 lb climber, or my brothers ol man(most of the time) but i want to get one for myself. But before i decide on a model, i gotta decide on a cam or a stand. heh, it sucks not having enough cash for both! what do yall think i should go with?
Old 11-05-2003, 06:52 PM

Default RE: Summit Viper, Ol man Double X Series Multi-Vision, or video camera??

go with treestand.get a summit viper to. then work on getting the camera.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:11 PM

Default RE: Summit Viper, Ol man Double X Series Multi-Vision, or video camera??

I would go with the stand. Its very hard to get a good cam for $200.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:20 PM

if ya have a Dick' s Sporting goods by ya they have the viper classic on sale for $139 and a decent cam would be twice that easy so i' d go with the climber..... just got one last week and love it!
Old 11-06-2003, 05:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tough call though I would agree with the others and get a treestand first. Camcorders go on sale all the time. I have seen some decent ones for about $180/$190 at various times throughout the year. Just don' t expect to get all the bells and whistles.

Ditto on the Viper Classic if you don' t mind the extra weight. I think it weighs around 27 lbs but sells for under $175 most places.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-06-2003, 01:02 PM

navy, my dad has a hunters veiw climber and i am CERTAIN i dont want it after using the ole man Im going to look at cameras tonite to see what kinda prices i can find, thanks guys
Old 11-07-2003, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I for one would go with the Summit Viper or Goliath and worry about the camera later. A quality, comfortable tree stand is a major step to improving your hunting odds. A camera only complicates things.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:04 AM

get the summit , and find someone who already has a camera to take with you do do the filming! the viper is an awesome stand!
Old 11-07-2003, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would get the stand over a camera. The camera won' t help you increase your odds against the deer. As for treestands I' d go with Ol' Man or Summit.

Quick Reply: Summit Viper, Ol man Double X Series Multi-Vision, or video camera??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.