Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-05-2003, 11:24 AM

Default RE: Hunt all day Saturday...Prime time - Full Moon

I' m off work after tomorrow and returning Thursday of next week. Once I hit the cabin tomorrow evening, I' ll need to get the heat on....they are predicting a high in the teens and a low of 7 on Friday. Oh baby that' s cold, but it generally get' s the big boys going, that' s for sure. Already have the plan to be in the stand early for as long as I can handle it, then about a 45 minute drive to the afternoon spot. By the way the crow flies, the afternoon spot is only about 5 miles away, but a full loop circle to get there, then 7 miles on a dirt road, then a good walk.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:29 AM

If my wife asks, I' ll be in a tree all day everyday for 9 days starting saturday.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Going to mid-Michigan to our property Sat & Sun. It was 75 here yesterday, but by Sat, it' ll be low of 17 and high of 35 and overcast. YEAH!!!!! This is the last weekend of early bow before gun starts. Can you say peak rut?
Old 11-05-2003, 12:20 PM

Yep, I' ll be in the woods sunup to sundown Friday through Sunday, unless an antlered animal hits the ground one of those days. I' m hoping to shoot one saturday, and have a day to rest on Sunday, that would be perfect. Whitetails & muskies, what part of the state are the highs in the teens predicted for? In the Chippewa county area, highs of 28 are forcasted on Friday. Not teens, but plenty cold enough to get those mature boys on their feet and cruising for does(hopefully). I can' t wait for it. It should be an awesome weekend guys!

peashooter
Old 11-05-2003, 12:24 PM

I HAVE A QUESTION!!![>:]

If the bucks are going to be moving why would you have to be in your stand all day????? Shouldn' t you get one before dark? GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I start my second week of vacation out of the last 3 weeks on saturday so hopefully thisweek will be better than last week. Not much deer movement here in WV.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:58 PM

I' m probably done bowhunting for the year.Rifle season starts this weekend.I' ll be up in the bigwoods trying to get me a buck.It' s gonna be cold 6 degrre' s for opener.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pheasant season opens Saturday so the wife and I will be out looking for some poultry. So I guess I' ll have to make up for it by going out Friday and Monday.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:26 PM

Yep Saturday is looking to be an awesome day to be in a stand daylight till dark. I saved my best stand funnel for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 3 days of daylight till dark hunting should result in at least one mature buck sighting. The bucks should be on there feet all in search of the first hot doe in the area and checking their scrape lines. It should be even better due to the fact that the temps are supposed to reach the 20' s Saturday morning here in WV. Gotta love it!!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 02:36 PM

Peashooter...I just checked and now they upped it to a high of 23, with a low of 7 still predicted. I' m up in northern Iron county... Best of luck to you.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.