Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rut officially on in Arkansas!

Old 11-04-2003, 02:25 PM
jec

Default Rut officially on in Arkansas!

I saw 2 deer doing it on the side of the road Saturday, so I don' t know how much more official it can be!

Really, I had planned on hunting from around 12:00 until dark on Sat., but it was around 90degrees so I thought if any deer would move, it wouldn' t be until dark so I decided to go around 3:00 until dark. Well, about a quarter of a mile from my stand on the road I was on , I glimpsed something out of the corner of my eye that was tall, I thought there is a cow standing there, I backed up the truck and it was a buck on a doe, at 3:00pm in 90 degree heat. The doe ran about 20 yards and stopped and the buck got on her again, and then they both took off. Then on Sunday morning, I grunted and used my call in a can and had a 3 point come running in. I had him about 8 yards in front of me for a half an hour. He' s not legal in AR. , we have a 3 point rule where they have to have 3 points on 1 side, he only had 2 on one side and one on the other, but he was fun to watch.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rut officially on in Arkansas!

Good deal man...I' m goin to a church function this Saturday so I won' t get to go out for em...but Sunday morning and probably Monday morning I' ll be up in a tree out there after em...

It' s supposed to cool off too, may be prime time for deer hunting. Good luck out there...
Old 11-04-2003, 03:19 PM

Default RE: Rut officially on in Arkansas!

Yahooooooooooo!!!

I' m headed your way in 1 day and a wake up! I hear that another cold front is pushing down and should help stir things up a little.

Additionally, I talked with the AGFC in Calico Rock, he said they' ve been chasing for a week or so now. Also said the acorns are thick and the leaves are dropping like crazy covering up a lot of sign. Makes for some hard hunting but it should be a blast!!!!