Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do you take a camera while hunting?

Old 11-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default do you take a camera while hunting?

i take those small disposable cameras and have taken several good pictures of does / fawns, along with some small bucks. i put the pictures in an album, it' s fun to go back and remember all those hunts. i have noticed the deer don' t spook if you' re careful, it' s also proof that you' re passing on the smaller bucks. anybody else take a camera with them?
Old 11-04-2003, 12:33 PM

Default RE: do you take a camera while hunting?

i' m not seeing any deer so a camera would be a waste of effort. if i was actually seeing deer a camera might be worthwhile taking with me.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:49 PM

i carry a disposable in the bottom of my backpack
Old 11-04-2003, 03:10 PM

I usually hunt alone so I always carry my digital camera along with me. It has a self-timer so that I can take my field photos by myself. I think I look more forward to getting the photos back than the actual hunt sometimes!!
Old 11-04-2003, 03:17 PM

I' m planning on three all dayers in the stand this weekend in a couple of spots that I' m pretty optimistic about seeing a lot of bucks. I' m still looking for that elusive P&Y, so I imagine I may be passing up some decent bucks if I have the fortitude to do so. So I' m thinking about taking the camera to click a picture of a couple of them. My fear is alerting them to my stand locations and if I have to come back to those stands next week when the P&Y criteria softens with the nearing end of the season, they may skirt the position and not give me a shot.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have my ditital hanging in the tree right by my side always. I pass up a lot deer till the right one comes along and shoot them with the camera.

Like these:

Old 11-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

camaorder!
Old 11-04-2003, 05:28 PM

I never go without my digital and my video cameras. I haven' t used the digital yet this year but have several deer on video.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:37 PM

I always take my digital with me.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:52 PM

Purchased a waterproof bag from Orvis,so I can take my digital huntinand fishing.

Joe

Quick Reply: do you take a camera while hunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.