Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which way do deer run after the shot?

Old 11-04-2003, 06:48 AM

Default RE: which way do deer run after the shot?

They go both ways. If they don' t die immediately, then they start to look fo things like cover and water and such.

Greg
Old 11-04-2003, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the mornings, they often continue towards their destination which is their bedding area in thick stuff. Evenings is just the opposite, they reverse course to go back to the thick stuff. They also feel safer going back to an area that they just walked through. No matter what, they always seek the thick cover.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer are as unpredictable as women. I' ve shot deer that have circled dying within yards of where they were shot. I' ve shot deer that have run out of cover into an open field and died. I' ve shot deer that have continued straight no matter what time of day. It' s all over the board. My buddy shot one that whirled around just as he released hitting the deer on the opposite side he was shooting at in ther first place. Funny thing about this deer is it ran and dropoped 15 yards from the truck.