Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe can call?

Old 11-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Doe can call?

how do you hunters use your can call such as calling methods. I tryed it saturday while a buck was chasing a doe. He ignored it but I probally would have too. Does anyone have any suggestions for this call.
thanks
Old 11-03-2003, 11:53 AM

Default RE: Doe can call?

I think the can is like anything else sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn' t. If they made a call or scent that worked every time it would be illegal. I had a huge 10 point come at me at a dead run one year but i was in a ground blind and he was directly behind me at 5 feet i was pinned. After just a few seconds he winded me and was a ghost. But like you were saying I' ve also had buck' s no batt an antler at the can.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:41 PM

Default RE: Doe can call?

The buck was chasing a doe too. just like trying to pull a gobbler off of some live hens in the spring, he is more interested in the real thing than some noise coming from those trees over there. try using the can when u aren' t seeing any deer cause that buck might be out cruising for chicks other times. my call: use it in the same area cause the bucks are rutting now....good luck