Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Busted by the main Doe

Old 11-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Spike

Default Busted by the main Doe

I like to know if I got Busted by the Main doe in the herd. How long do I have to wait until I can hunt that stand again? By what I mean by getting busted she seen me move and went down wind of me to try and wind me. But she didnt so she came in on me from down wind and stad for about 15 - 20 min. and I got a cramp in my arm and had to move it . She seen me move and ran off blowing but stoped out about 50 yds. and walked her way to the thickets.
Can I hunt that stand ever again?
Old 11-03-2003, 03:48 AM

Default RE: Busted by the main Doe

Try same area different tree maybe 50-100 yards from where you were. I would stay outta there for a couple days though.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I' d move the stand if possible. Not very far though. I' ll be she looks up anytime she passes that tree though.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:49 AM

give it 2 days and shell be just as coalm at the same location shell go back tonight and check everything out she just alerted she wasnt that spooked i watched a show about this last week did she stomp her feet?
Old 11-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Spike

Yep Sounds like I did the right thing and not hunting that spot for three or four days. I really dont want to move the stand because its a great little funnle that a nice 13 pointer is using.
Maybe I will let it go for 5 days the rut should be in full swing here in Ohio then and then I can use my decoy to draw attn: away from my stand.
Yes she did stomp her right foot for alittle while but then she came in alittle closer to try to group up with the other two deer that was right in front of my stand. But thats when I moved my arm alittle and she seen that. But she didnt run but 40-50 yds.
Thanks for the the info.