Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowholders

Old 11-02-2003, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default bowholders

I got a new Summit Viper last week, and so far, not too many compaints. One thing I' m curious about. What is everyone using for a holder in their stand? I dont like holding my bow all day, so I' ve always had a holder to put my bow in on my Loggy stand. I was thinking about one of those type that screw into the tree above, but was wondering what others are using.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowholders

I use one of the screw in types with the adjustable arm. It works well for me.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

I bought one of those screw in the tree deal from Walmart....it' s a piece of trash. I screwed in one tree and when I went to unscrew it, it broke. It was still usable so I use it a couple more times before it completely tore up.

It cost me a shot at a six point also........It has rubber or foam on the end and I couldn' t get my bow loose from it, after the deer had past my shooting lanes.....I got it loose.

Just a regular screw-in step will serve the purpose........I picked up a universal holder to mount on just about anything........its from Team Fitzgerald.........gonna mount it on the Viper....
Old 11-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the realtree EZ-Hanger to hold the bow when i am doing things such as grunting, rattling, or getting a snack out of my pack. You have to be careful with the screw in type, though. Many states (public land) and some landowners prohibit hunters to use screw-in devices such as this. Be sure to have permission from the land owner, or if your hunting state land, make sure you know the regulations.

With that said, I hunt primarily private land and have permission to use the EZ-Hanger, and I do. I use it every time i go out. It does take the strain off a bit when holding your bow gets to be a bit too much. I prefer however to keep my bow in my hand the majority of the time, in case the deer decide to sneak up on me. As with any bow holder, if a deer shows up, you must get the bow off/out of the bow holder. This is extra movement that can be the deciding factor of scoring or being busted. Just something to think about.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I carry strap-on steps in my pack. They are handy items to have.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

The realtree ez-hanger is awesome. Give it a try. You can get it at wal-mart
good luck
Old 11-02-2003, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

All we can get around here at Walmart is the cheap one I bought.........it has round arms........don' t buy it...........the realtree has square tubing.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:41 PM

i have a real tree, works great, use it to hold my call, bino, range finder, and bow. i also bolted a bow holder on my summit, had to drill a hole, wish i hadn,t done that, hasn' t hurt the stand..[:-]
Old 11-02-2003, 06:23 PM

i got the GC 5000 from Cabelas. It mounts with 2 screws without any drilling of the stand. You have to mount it to one of the diagonal arm rests/braces since it is made for a 1" square tube stand. I was concerned about clearance but i am still able to put the 2 pieces together for carrying.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:24 AM

If you have a lot of stands go to a Menards (or simular mega hardware store) and look in the tool/garage area for some U shaped screw in holders. They only cost $0.19 each and are rubber coated. Not that I am a tightwad but... 5 hangers for a buck just makes it rediculas to not have some on hand.

Although like PAHUNTER21 I prefer to try and hold my bow as much as possible. Nice to have the option to hang it though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.