Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowholders

Old 11-03-2003, 01:32 PM

Default RE: bowholders

I forget the brand name of it, but mine is the kind that the bottom limb/wheel sits in and is attached to the platform of the stand. It works best for me because it takes very little motion to retrieve it, and it' s always right there in front of me ready to go.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I use one.... It' s called my LEFT hand.

OK.ok... I also screw 2 into the tree(one against the trunk above the seat so when I sit facing the tree it' s in front of me, the other on the right side as you look at the tree) I also have an API stand which allows me to lay my bow with arrow on the string across the wrap around hand section of my climber. I also have a bow holster on my belt that I rest the bottom cam in when I' m holding the bow with my hand. That gives me 4 options and if I have an overhanging limb or am in my favortie situation(a double or triple tree) I screw a bow holder into the other tree for a fifth option. I distrust myself with a bow holder attached to my stand.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Log

There is a new product made here in Mi. it is called the bowlegger! this is my first season w/ it (new like i said) i can not say enough about it. it straps to you leg and holds your bow beautifully wright were you need it. it hold the bow in front of you and upwright! the web addy for it is : www.bowlegger.com check it out you might like what u see. i saw it watching a program on my local access channel. i have taken a nice buck w/ it so far this season. now i am not saying that i would not have gotten the buck w/o it, because i probably still would have but it did make help make the transition from idle to full draw very smooth with minimal movement. Good Luck out there!
Old 11-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess it would work, but only with an open fronted stand and only if you don' t move around much. I don' t need any more gadgets stuck on these old legs.

Old 11-04-2003, 09:25 AM

If you are looking for cheap, I use an old hook used for hanging bicycles in the garage.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

i love my EZ hanger from realtree