Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New to the board!!

Old 11-01-2003, 11:30 AM

Default New to the board!!

Hello everyone,
Glad to be here, I hope I can better myself as a bowhunter and help other people out too. Well this is a strange way to introduce myself. I have a weird but serious question. Every now and again I get a serious case of GAS!! I mean a non stop frenzy of farts. I do have scent lock clothing and go through all the scent free rituals known to mankind, but I don' t think anything can hold this stuff from escaping. The deer get freaked out?? Is it even worth going out and stinking up the woods?? Right now I' m contemplating whether or not I should even go out for the afternoon hunt. Not to mention when I get back in and take off my bibs.........it' s like a nuclear explosion hit. Any thoughts on the effects of gas related to deer? Sorry if I grossed anyone out, but all matters must be covered.
Old 11-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to the board!!

Hi wylie, welcome to the board.

I think the best solution would be to stop by a store and pickup some Beano or Gas-X. Also try to avoid foods that are known to set you off. And taking a healthy dump before going out will help too.
Old 11-01-2003, 03:26 PM

WELCOME ABOARD , YOU MIGHT LOOK INTO YOUR DIET AND POSSIBLY CUT DOWN ON CERTAIN FOODS....
Old 11-01-2003, 03:26 PM

lol welcome and i second JeramyK also look into tums ex,or tagamet' s might help alleviate it for ya ........and ofcourse a good dump is always good[&:]
Old 11-01-2003, 04:33 PM

welcome to the board, i have been a member for a couple of months. there is untold experience here, i have learned a lot and made a few friends. haven' t heard of a problem like yours but i will agree with the rest, diet and a good healthy dump. nothing much better than a good one, makes me want to spin my wheels.[:-]
Old 11-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the board,Strange question and here is a strange answer. We smell like what we eat. Eat lots of garlic we smell like garlic and are gas smells like garlic. Eat something that the deer can relate to.We cant tell the difference but if we eat just deer meat are gas will smell like a deer to the deer.Make sense????
Old 11-02-2003, 06:49 AM

very very philisophical cardeer!! I like that. Venison it is untill the season is over. Thanks for the input.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off, welcome to the board. You will find your time here is " time well spent" .

I think there is a perscription drug for gas.... Prilosec? supposed to cut down on heartburn and indegestion which can cause gas.

Oh yeah, Camp Chili (or bean in any form) isn' t the best thing to eat the night before you go hunting if your worried about gas [X(]

Good luck,
-BJ
Old 11-02-2003, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome from Alabama
Old 11-02-2003, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Chew about 3 gas-x tabs & lay off the hot foods