Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question- Large bird walking with Deer?????

Old 11-07-2003, 05:28 PM

Default RE: Question- Large bird walking with Deer?????

Tonight, I saw the bird walking towards me through the woods. Following the bird was its adopted familiy which includes an adult doe and a doe fawn. It is really something to see the deer following and even nudging the bird as they walk.

I was concerned that the bird would have better vision and might see me. What a great experiment for me on the first day wearing my new 3D ASAT camo suit.

As the three approached the bottom of the tree I was in, I was still. The mystery bird, is in fact a Peacock. How it avoids the foxes is a mystery. Well, the bird did not notice me. As the doe reached about 3 yards from my tree, it started sniffing the air. It sensed that something was out of order. As she raised her head and sniffed the air, she look right at/through me. She did this several times, but never freaked out, and went on feading with the fawn and Peacock. They stayed with me for a while before entering the bean field to feed. After 15-20 minutes of eating, they walked right back under my stand. They never new I was there.

ASAT works for both Deer and for Peacocks.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Question- Large bird walking with Deer?????

Where' s that digital camera when you need it?[:' (]