Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-31-2003, 09:20 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2003, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Is hunting violent

No hunting is not violent, it is deadly but not violent.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:25 AM

No, hunting is not violent. With the video games, I believe if blood is shown they are required to indicate it as violence.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:31 AM

I think it is the weapons that get it the violent rating. Hunting itself is a peacful activity, for us anyway. For the deer it is' nt violent, just life and death. We are no different the any other predator to them.

Greg
Old 10-31-2003, 09:36 AM

If you are a deer it is
Old 10-31-2003, 09:39 AM

I certianly don' t feel that hunting is violent. No hunting isn' t like fishing, there is no catch and release but I don' t get any inclination to go out and be violent after hunting. Although a lot of hunters aren' t gentleman I feel hunting is a gentlemans sport. It takes wit, patience, skill, fortitude and perserverance. Nowhere in a decsription of hunting will you find violence. I think this is brought about by parents who can' t control their childern wanting something to blame their childrens behavior on besides bad parenting skills. Just my opion though.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:42 AM

There was a video on here from ' Doemaster' a couple of weeks ago of a doe getting shot and she had blood spurting out her back as she kicked and tried to claw her way to safety... Nope, not violent at all.

Actually, I do agree with Tazman, it is deadly, most of the time, but not violent in that we are not bludgeoning the animal to death like they did those seals up in Alaska a few years ago that raised such a stink.

It also depends, I guess, on what you call violent. If your neighbor gets shot cleanly and dies instantly, is it a violent crime? When a beef cow is slaughtered for steaks and hamburger, is that violent? Does the species of the target make a difference? I guess I would say, " yes it does."
Old 10-31-2003, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does the species of the target make a difference? I guess I would say, " yes it does."
There it is, in a nutshell. Too many people are trying to insert their ' civilized' human values on Nature.

Which is more violent: Shooting a deer with an arrow and giving it a relatively quick, humane death? That same deer getting sick and getting attacked by a pack of coyotes who begin eating it before it' s dead? Or, for the unlucky ones, starving to death because the land isn' t capable of providing enough food for the number of animals living on it?
Old 10-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

Violence is...

1. physical force: the use of physical force to injure somebody or damage something

Yes hunting is " violent" ...big deal, the anti' s can bite me.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Violence is...

1. physical force: the use of physical force to injure somebody or damage something
I would say that unless you subscribe to Walt Disney' s line of thinking, hunting is NOT violence. Animals are not somebody, no matter how many bleeding hearts try to make them so...

And the anti' s can bite me as well, of course, that' d be violence

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.