Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone have a bow for sale?

Old 10-31-2003, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone have a bow for sale?

I thought my year was going half way decent until this morning. I have a few half way decent places to hunt. Was getting ready to go and qualify to hunt on one of the military bases that is bow only. I have seen deer every time out. I did loose one due to rain.. not due to a lack of trying to find him though.. me and some friends spent 10 hours looking for him the next morning BUt all in all not to bad. I have made some wonderful friends on here and learned alot.

SO you are wondering what has made me put a post up. Well I hunted for a few hours at a small spot about 5 minutes form the house yesterday evening. I had been at work at 5 am in the morning so I was pretty beat. I was actually in a daze state when I got home, and was in bed sound asleep by 9:10 (CSI Miami had just come on!) Well I left my pack and my bow in the x-cab of my truck, actually I was so out of it when i got home I forgot about it being in there..(which if your wondering why I would sweat it, well, back in July I had someone break into my truck and steal my bow and all my stuff out of it, and it was a brand new Hoyt Magna Tech, SO I had to buy another new bow this time a supertech) WEll when I got up this morning at 5 to go into work I noticed my bow wasnt by the front door like I normally leave it so I remembered I left it in the truck. SO I got ready for work, took out the trash all the honey do' s since I was planning on gettign off at noon to go hunt a good spot. Well I got I started the truck(after unlocking the door) and let it warm up while I did some things in the front yard for about 5 minutes in sight of the truck the whole time. I left for work and got half way here when I looked into the xtra cab and noticed my bow and pack were gone, I pulled over and looked again and sure enough it was not there.. [:@][:@]SOME ***HOLE HAD STOLEN MY BOW AND PACK AGAIN[:@][:@][:@] I looked at the rest of the stuff and the did not take my Oaklys or any money from my wallet which was sitting in the cup holder, they left my cell and my two way radios. Just my bow and pack. As you all know the prices of bows so no need to rant about the fact that it was around $1300 between the bow and access. and all the stuff in my pack, and the arrows and heads and case.

Well I called the sheriffs office and all they would do is take a report.. now who ever stole my stuff had to slim jim the door which is not real hard on my truck being as it is a ford F-350 and it is a verticle lock rod ( I use to manage a towing and repo company for years) and they had to touch the read inside handle to open the rear door and I have not touched it since yesterday when I put my bow back in the truck. I asked them to finger print and they wouldnt.

Needless to say I am so pissed about it I dont now if I should cry or scream. The part that makes me most upset is this is the second time in a few months and this was the first time I had left the bow in the truck since the last incident. Which tells me someone has been watchign my truck because it was on the floor of the truck and the truck was parked in the driveway. So they had to be watching in order to get it the only night I havd left it in there.

SO I dont know if this is a sign to give up bow hunting or what. I Am so pissed I am in no mood to hunt. I might try one more time.. but I can not get another new bow this year the old lady would string me up if I spent all that again. So anyone got a bow for sale??

I am thinking about buying another case and leave it in the truck and sit out there everynight until I catch the sob since I feel they would do it again. IF I catch them they better hope a cop is close or they just might regret stepping into the yard. WHat would you guys do???[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 10-31-2003, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone have a bow for sale?

That sucks! I thought having a tree stand stolen was bad. [:@] I would be ready to rip someone' s head off!
Old 10-31-2003, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Dang Man, I am real sorry to hear that... I dunno what I would do if someone stole my setup... I' d buy another for sure, but I would not be happy and I' d probably try to catch them too... but someone that isn' t worth it, people that steal hunting stuff have no idea how much that means to the owner... I have always told my girlfriends... You can touch, and throw whatever you want out in the yard... But you touch anything Camo and we are going to have a problem...[:-] So far that' s worked... Not that my GF' s through my stuff in the yard, but you know women and hunting sometimes don' t get along... I know someone that has 2 bows for sale... e-mail me and I' ll get you the details if interested. 1 is a Bowtech, and the other is a Parker... Hope it all works out...
Typical Buck

My apologies for the thief. It seems odd that the perp would leave money, a wallet and sun glasses, but take a bow and pack. Do you shoot/practice in your back yard? Sure seems like a perp would normally take the money and glasses but leave the bow and pack, so it would seem like it is probably someone with an interest in hunting/shooting. Probably someone who already knew you were a hunter.

Not to sound stupid, but... is it possible the bow and pack got left in the woods?
You said you were tired that night. We' ve all been there before!! Long day in the woods, tired when you leave. Heck, I left my tree stand next to my truck one night when I left the woods tired.

I would guess it' s worth a shot. Just seems odd someone would take the time to break in, but leave money behind.

Good luck with everything and I hope they catch whomever is responsible.

Eng,

I feel your frustration about the cops. While I was in college I drove off from a ATM (MAC) machine and left my credit card in it. It popped out like they do and some guy and his girlfriend drove up behind me and took it. The cops told me they had pictures of him with a happy surprised look on his face and then one of him showing the card to his girlfriend. THE GUY THEN WENT ON TO USE HIS CARD TO WITHDRAW MONEY!!!

Now the cop has photos and only has to look on the bank' s record' s to see who withdrew money after me and they have the guy. Do you think they caught him? NO. They dropped the case. The guy and his girlfriend was able to charge up over $600 before I canceled the card. I was surprised that' s all they charged.

I just don' t understand law enforcement sometimes.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

I think rip someones head off is a severe understatment at this point!! I am past that and the deputies attitude wasnt very concerned either but i have called a friend who is a deputy and he is going to see what he can do. That still doesnt put a bow back in my hand[:@][:@][:@][:@] sorry I was so long winded earlier I need to vent before I implode
Old 10-31-2003, 07:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2003, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Slice.... I am sure its in the truck because the guys land I was on is a small nursery and he was there when I came out the woods and actually talked with me for a few minutes and helped set my stuff up in the cab after I put the bow in its case...as far as them not stealing anything else thats the way the did it the first time. ALso I dont know if I said it but both times they locked the doors when they were done.

Heavy you can email me at [email protected] or [email protected]
Old 10-31-2003, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Ok,

I really wasn' t trying to be a smartazz, and I hope it didn' t come out that way!!
It definately sounds like someone who knows about hunting/shooting. Most people don' t realize how expensive bows and hunting gear are. A bow shop would be a good place to start. At least to get the word out.

Best of luck in finding this guy. He needs to be put away.

I have a Martin Cougar Mag that I' m willing to loan to you if you need.

Slice
Old 10-31-2003, 08:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Anyone have a bow for sale?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.