Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone have a bow for sale?

Old 10-31-2003, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone have a bow for sale?

Slice I did not take you as being smart assed!! I was just making sure I was clear on my facts.

Navy.. I live in the suburbs. MY neighbor is good about keepign a watch outside as he is an avid hunter as well and has had a ladder and stuff stolen from his back yard before. We have had a off and on theft problem in the nighborhood. In fact a guy down the street does alot of coon hunting and they stole a bunch of tracking collars and the tracker in addition to stealing a bow and pistol out of his truck last year. His stuff showed up in the pawn shop down the street and they busted the kid who lived a few doors down from him. He was sent back to juvenile det. since he was a minor. He had already been busted for alot of different htings before. Well when they sent him back his family up and moved out of the nighborhood and did not tell him ( they had trouble with him stealing from them and not being able to control him) so when he was released last time(after he turned 18 so he is now fair game) he came home to an empty house. The night my first bow was stolen he was seen in the nighborhood just after dark by a few people. SO I am pretty sure it was him. My other bow has not shown up anywhere so far and I doubt this one will. I live in the second house on a street and if you stand in my driveway and look toward the road then look to your left you can see the main street in the neighboor hood, funny thing is that there is a cop who kives right there and can see my house and my neighbors> he is the one who filled me in on the kid. He has actually had stuff stolen out of his cruiser. Not that I live in a high crime area but its just a couple of kids causing all of this and noone has caught them again and hard to find any proof.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

eng if he is over 18 he is old enough for a serious attitude adjustment!!!! LOL Hopefully you can recover your bow at a pawn shop, if not my offer is still open. Which pawn shops do you check at? Don' t forget the ones along rt. 3 and the one at the corner of Harrison road and rt. 1.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Taz.. I have not forgotten sir as far as the pawn shops I live up on 610 and will be watching those and will keep calling the other shops. The one at Harrison and Rt1 is only about 1 mile or so from where I work and I think they have closed and reopend as some sort of second hand shop now.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:02 AM

i have never had anything stolen so i have no experience but would your auto or homeowners insurance cover the theft?

You might have to pay a deductible but to replace a $1300 bow it might be worth it.

I am no inusrance expert so i dont know if that is a possibility or not, it might be worth a call to your agent.

good luck finding the thief
Old 10-31-2003, 09:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Krotalus I can not beleive I didn' t think of that, if I am not mistaken it would be your home owners that would cover that.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I had thought about making a claim but we just made one for some damage to the chimney and that area of the house and we just got the check yesterday. I am afraid making another claim so soon might cause them to throw a black flag. Espically with all the claims they are having from the hurricane. I know of a few people who come into my store that have made ckaims this year mostly because of them storm only to have the clam filled then they were dropped. I dont want to risk it, I had already thought of it though.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good thinking, Krotalus.... Like Taz said, it would be the homeowners insurance that would cover that, because the vehicle is parked ON your property. Same goes with my 17' trihull boat in my side yard. Should something happen to it, the homeowners insurance will cover it, not the boat insurance.

Eng40sqd... Man, that s*cks!!! [:@][>:][:' (] I hope you get your bow back and get everything back to normal. I don' t leave my bow in my truck here in Richmond - heck, I don' t leave ANYTHING in my truck (well, except an Eagles greatest hits cassette, and an old Allman Bros cassette tape).

What draw length are you? I could check around the Richmond area for used bows and see if I could find something for you.

Butch
Old 10-31-2003, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Your in Stafford? Shoot me an email. Were you qualifying at Belvoir? I may be able to help you on the bow part, and Still yet.... I can qualify you for Belvoir with out having to wait until Wed or Thurs eve. I jusyt qualified 2 of my buddies from Ga. yesterday(Thurs) at 12 noon and we were in the woods by 2 pm.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry for your loss and hope you recover your goods. It sounds to me like someone from the neighborhood who knows when you are going hunting and when you return. The chances of someone looking into your cab the same and only night you left bow and pack in there are slim. Unless there checking every chance they get and they got lucky, but if they were doing that I' m sure they would have taken your wallet. I have a hunch it' s someone within eye sight of your house. Not to be disrespectfull of our law enforcement members but not all cops are honest,and they do know how to use a slim jim. Also you said they would not take fingerprints, maybe their covering up for one of their own. Its been known to happen. Remember Serpico? By the way I have a few of his aresst reports from when he started out. Good luck with your situation, and if you do catch him give him one from the board
Old 10-31-2003, 09:54 AM

Set the SOB up. Come home from hunting, leave the case in the truck, leave the cab light on by accident and wait in the bushes. Call someone on the radio to call the cops and try not to beat his teeth in before the cops arrive.

I' m trying to dream up a way to run a wire around my treestand and to a battery that will electrify it for the tree stand thieves.

Greg

Quick Reply: Anyone have a bow for sale?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.