Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How should I get down???

Old 11-01-2003, 10:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How should I get down???

I also dig out a flashlight and shine it on them. Just turning it on and off a few times gets them nervous and moving. You can also just talk to yourself or make some out of place noises, but don' t do a lot of moving around. It' ll get them nervous and moving. I have been surprised at the number of times I' ve been able to climb down from a tree in daylight with deer bedded near by. I watch them, and carefully climb down. If they happen to look I just freeze. Once on the ground I keep the tree between myself and them. I have been able to slink away with deer still bedded.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bark like a dog. Seems to work for me. I really haven' t seen any adverse effects in the last few years since I started that.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:42 AM

I would sit there in amazement that I finally saw a deer in the past 12 days from my stand. I would savour the moment. a;lkjg;lkajsg;lkasjg;lkajg;lksajg;lk haven' t seen squat. But if I did really want to get down, the slingshot with rocks just behind them seems to piss them off enough without know what happened.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

i throw my quiver to the ground and snort they scatter real quick!