Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Magnet and anyone else from PA

Old 10-30-2003, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Buck Magnet and anyone else from PA

Check this out..... I know where all the deer are. THEY ARE UP IN PA!!!!

My sister just called me from her cell phone on I-81 southbound (my sister and bro-in-law in upstate NY are coming to Richmond, VA for the weekend).... They are on I-81 somewhere between Wilkes-Barre(?) and Harrisburg. She just said that I have to come up to PA with my bow. They passed a field off in the distance and saw a herd of deer running around! My bro-in-law said something like one looked like a big buck too (I overheard him through my sisters cell phone)!!! [8D]

Let me sum this up in two words ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!

Butch
Old 10-30-2003, 10:14 AM

Default RE: Buck Magnet and anyone else from PA

ohhh yeah they are here, just not where any of us hunts, lol or they are smart enough to go to safe lands.
Anyone from around state college, PA, how bout Rockview ground?? WOW!!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Bigdog02 Im from philipsburg and hunt out by black moshannon state park and it stinks out there, hardly seeing any deer, my son got one last sat, but let me tell you we worked our butts off for 3 weeks before any of us got one......
Old 10-30-2003, 10:21 AM

I live in Huntingdon and commute to state college daily, and we had some field work our near rockview property, middle of the day, deer everywhere out there, but again no hunting on most of it.

Down in Huntingdon county, if you aren' t on the right trails you are seeing nothing. I have tried areas where last year I would see a couple deer here and there and they are showing nothing this year, I have to hunt main trails to see any deer at all, so i know where you are coming from.

I am going down to Fulton County, if you know where that is, to hunt my wife' s grandparents farm tonight, tomorrow, and saturday. Unhunted so far this season with a couple big deer sighted down there by her parents and grandparents.
Finger crossed big time.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:22 AM

I have seen one doe so far this year, and i didnt have a tag for the WMU I was in.

Other than that it has only been a few squirrels and chipmunks
Old 10-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve been seeing deer thankfully. Haven' t taken one yet though.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

bigdog 02
goodluck to ya when you go to fulton county, and hey try chasing some of the deer up my way....
i also travel to state college each day,
Old 10-30-2003, 10:43 AM

You guys are making me homesick. I graduated from Penn State in ' 94, moved to the Tidewater area of VA for three years and now am in Nebraska.

How' s the attitude around State College these days with Penn State doing so poorly, or doesn' t anyone care anymore? I loved last year when the Huskers lost to us, but all the Husker fans here gave me a real ribbing this year, though.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, your sister probably passed pretty close to where I work. I regularly travel a section of I-81 between Scranton and Harrisburg (below Hazleton). The deer definitely are here...and some nice bucks at that...though population numbers are significantly down in my area from previous years.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:44 AM

I' m from Altoona...about 40 minutes away from state college. Been hunting right outside of state college around the gatesburg area? Not exactly sure what the area i' ve been hunting is called. Been seeing more deer this year than any other year I' ve hunted. My friend took a nice 9 point on the first day...and I took a similar looking 8 point on the first monday. Been seeing many other bucks and does including a nice 10 point that we are hoping our other friend can get. I' d post pics of my deer but I' m not sure how and I think my pics are pretty big. If any one would post them for me that' d be cool.

I gotta say..since the jr./sr. hunt and early muzzleloader season...we havent been seeing nearly the amount of deer we had been.

Quick Reply: Buck Magnet and anyone else from PA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.