Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pic of my Illinois Buck

Old 10-29-2003, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pic of my Illinois Buck

As I stated before a few of us Alabama boys ran up to southern Illinois for a 4 day bowhunt. This is the buck I arrowed. Not a monster but a pretty good bow kill.

Shot this deer in the corner of a soybean field at about 5 pm . Shot distance was 20 yards. Hard quartering to me. (I know, not the best shot angle) Arrow entered behind the right shoulder penetrated the length of the deer and buried into the left hip. He took off with my arrow completely inside him and only went about 50 yards. When we dressed him out I found my arrow in 3 pieces. He snapped it about 3 inches behind the 100 grain Thunderhead I was using and about 2 inches in front of the fletching. Never let it be said Thunderheads aren' t tough. It was in excellent condition after angled rib contact and slamming into the hip bone on the left side. I had to dig it out with a knife. The blades were dulled but intact. Before shooting this deer I watched another 8 point work a scrape line down one side of the field and when I climbed down after shooting this deer there was still a true Illinois giant eating in the far corner of the field. That buck looked like it would have gone about 260 lbs and was at least a 10 point best I could tell. Hope he survives until I make it back up that way.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pic of my Illinois Buck

Nice lookin Buck!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:32 PM

Very nice! Congrats!

I' m headed for Illinois next saturday. I' ll gladly shoot one that looks like yours . Last year I saw big bucks every day of our 5 day hunt. The place is a wonderland.

Tyler
Old 10-30-2003, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck for sure!! Way to go!
Old 10-30-2003, 05:21 AM

Good lookin' buck Todd !! Is that your best bowkill now ??
Old 10-30-2003, 05:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice buck, congrats.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:30 AM

GOOD BUCK id take him ne day of the week. i have a question for ya did ya save up all of your hair cut money to go up there?
Old 10-30-2003, 07:41 AM

Nice buck, I' d let an aarow fly at him too.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have a question for ya did ya save up all of your hair cut money to go up there?
Ha, yeah it looks like it doesn' t it. I had been wearing a camo hood/mask combo and it sorta flattened out my Doo pretty bad there.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

great lookin deer

Quick Reply: Pic of my Illinois Buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.