Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best climber? i hate mine,noisy,heavy,why bother??

Old 10-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default best climber? i hate mine,noisy,heavy,why bother??

i have a miles kelly climber i actually am big 250 lbs,,,, i bent the teeth on both and good thing my neighbor welds so he put some braces and rewelded stuff, besides that its loud difficult and a pain to climb,,,, the hold all weight on the top part and lift up the bottom not to mention how hard it is just to get the botttom part bungies on your feet! cant even use it it the morning its so hard not to clank it together once ya know~!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:48 PM

Default RE: best climber? i hate mine,noisy,heavy,why bother??

I LOVE my Summit Goliath.

Rated for 350 lbs. Solid as a rock and very comfortable. Grabs the tree like a pitbull.

My friend bought a new Summit this year that folds flat and it is SWEEEEEEEEEET!!

Don' t know the weight rating on it though.

Old 10-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Try a Summit Viper, you will like it, and for a big size fellar get the Goliath model.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit, API or Ole' Man. Can' t go wrong with any of the 3. I use an API right now but I' ll be looking for a 2nd stand for next season. My brother is eager to start so I' m going to pass on my API and get something new.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

On this site, you' ll find the Summit line and the Ol' man line mentioned more than not....all the studies I' ve seen, Ol' man beat Summit but they are both great stands....I' ve tried both and I like the Ol' man line and after hunting with Matt/PA and watching and listening to his Summit, no offense, I again prefer the Ol' man...quicker, quieter, easier to pack and use. That' s my educated opinion.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:05 PM

summit viper.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:09 PM

the ole man is the best out there. Its quick, quiet, and comfortable
Old 10-29-2003, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Goliath would be the perfect stand for you. At 250 your not exactly a small fellow, and the Goliath offers more room, quiet, safe, comfort. I am only 220 and find the Goliath super roomy and comfortable, as well as very user freindly and stable.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:51 AM

My bro-in-law just got a Buckshot Centershot, and I am very impressed. I am growing tired of my original Ol' Man. I have trouble on narrower trees because of the swing arms that adjust to the width of the tree and pinch me or catch anything attached to my belt. I finally replaced the bushings that were creaking and cracking. It is a little quieter. The Buckshot has a much more user-friendly cable attachment system and double blades for more secure bite. It is very easy to adjust while in the air(something the Ol' Man is not suited for). The arms are fixed in width like most other stands(a feature I like). It is also rated for 300 lbs, where the original Ol' Man is rated for 250 lbs. I know I should probably look at getting the Grand Ol' Man, but why? Take a look at the Buckshot.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

summit all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: best climber? i hate mine,noisy,heavy,why bother??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.