Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best climber? i hate mine,noisy,heavy,why bother??

Old 10-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Spike

Default RE: best climber? i hate mine,noisy,heavy,why bother??

I just bought a Summit Bullet Backpacker and used it three times last weekend. It' s very comfortable, easy to put on the tree, easy to climb with, lightweight, and most of all QUIET! I' m still adjusting to the best height to set the seat at but otherwise it' s been great. I had to stand up for a while to keep myself awake the other morning - if that tells you anything about the comfort.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:19 PM

Summit Goliath !
best climber i have ever used in over 35 years of Bowhunting. I weigh close if not over to 300lbs. and this stand is like a rock.
bmott
Old 10-29-2003, 05:20 PM

i love my ol' man. cant go wrong with it. it is quiet and safe. with a little practice you can put it up in like 2 min.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:21 PM

I' ve got an Ol Man and a Summitt. I' ve been hunting the Summitt so far this year. As far as ease and durability I think they are equal. As far as comfort I have to give the nod to the Ol Man. Another advantage of the Ol Man is that if you leave it out like I do your butt won' t get nearly as wet after a rain. The net seat just doesn' t hold much water as the Summitt seat. They are both excellant stands and I think you' d be pleased with either one.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:29 PM

I own a Summit and I love it as far as comfortablility and noise, but if you are going for the ultimate in stealth and dont want to be seen or heard the lone wolf climbers are they way to go very little metal on them to clank around!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my Summit Cobra XLS last year after doing polls at several message boards I go to. 7 out of 10 people who answered said Summit. At 17 pounds it is the lightest fully padded stand I found. There are other stands that are lighter, but they don' t have all the padding and we all know cushion equal comfort!

My stand is quiet and comfortable. So much so that I have dozed off every time I have used it. It has a very stable platform and the only time I was worried about falling out if I fell asleep was the first time I used it. Dang thing fells like a Lazy boy recliner!