Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best climber? i hate mine,noisy,heavy,why bother??

Old 10-29-2003, 06:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: best climber? i hate mine,noisy,heavy,why bother??

Try the " No Sugar" Diet. It' ll take off that extra weight in no time. .... OPS... Deer stand? Oh let' s see. BuckShot has a magnum and the most comfortable seat of all. People seem to like the Summitts OK, API is what I have and they have a magnum(but there' s all this talk of them going under etc etc etc)
Old 10-29-2003, 06:47 AM

I have a buckshot BigShot, and I love it. They have a Magnum version that I hear is very confy.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love my lone wolf hand climber. Perhaps not the best for all day sitting. But the best for the highly mobile and quiet ez operation.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:17 AM

I' m not much into " climbers" because there' s not many straight, tall, trees around here that don' t have huge limbs that will have to be cut off. But, the best one I' ve found is the Tree Lounge. Can be adapted from Rifle to Bow, and you can get the wheel kit for it. That really makes it nice to take in and out of the woods, not to mention strapping your deer on it and hauling it out that way. They are expensive though.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:21 AM
Spike

i have a api and have hade it for years... i like it very much its a good stand....never sliped once.. and it grabes on the tree great..
Old 10-29-2003, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

Summit Viper or an Ole Man either one is a winner.

I have both!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:24 AM

I own a Summit Cobra XLS and love mine, actually I wish I would have gotten the Viper or the Goliath. Due to the additional room, as I am 6' 1" and 230lbs But you wont go wrong with any summit stand. Well worth every penny you pay for them and their customer service is second to none.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:13 AM

I have a buckshot bighsot mag, and it is very comfy for me (6' 4' ' 300+lbs)
Climbs easily, can be a little noisy in setup if you are in a hurry or aren' t paying attention. Other than that, it is great, very comfortable, easy to climb in, so far it is a great stand.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two Summits and wouldn' t trade them for anything. They are the most comfortable stands I' ve ever sat in. Let me just reiterate what PA Hardwoods said:

" THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE."
Old 10-29-2003, 11:26 AM

Monstor, I' ve got an API shooting star that I' ve been considering selling. I' ve only used it about 10 times over the last 3yrs. Its a great stand, stable and comfortable but I' m looking for something smaller and easier to pack as I' m closer to 165lbs.
E-mail me if you' re interested. I' m just across the river from you.

Quick Reply: best climber? i hate mine,noisy,heavy,why bother??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.