Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My private farm to hunt (pic!!)

Old 10-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My private farm to hunt (pic!!)

That' s weird.... (regarding the Mapquest option to show an aerial photo). [:' (] I found out that some places (addresses) have it, but most don' t have an aerial photo taken yet.

Butch
Old 10-29-2003, 08:53 AM

looks like a fine piece of property now get out there and hunt it.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Butch looking at that photo I am truely broken hearted that they would only let one person hunt it. Looking at that photo I would stick a stand right off the stream where the the stream and what appears to be either fencelines/brushlines intersect. WNW of the bedding area. I would access it from downwind of the bedding area. Another good looking spot if the stream is running through it would be SSE of the VEPCO thing where the woods choke down into a funnel.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Tazman

Butch looking at that photo I am truely broken hearted that they would only let one person hunt it.
I know, Taz, I know.... [:' (] But that' s apparantly the rules of the farm owners. I got this little piece of land through a Marine at Quantico who was retiring and moving away. He met me up near the farm and we paid the farmers a visit, made the connections, and transfer of permission papers and so on. They are a nice couple, but very, very, VERY strict! I can' t do this or that... I will park my truck only by the horse barn and hike in... If I even THINK of doing this or that, I will be permanently tossed off the farm and nobody but nobody will ever be allowed to hunt it again.... It' s like, " okay, yes sir, yes ma' ame, understood!" []

I originally asked them if I could bring a friend to help me hunt in the woods (i.e. Tazman), and I felt like I almost got tied up and horse-whipped! Sheesh!!!! The ruling is that this property will be ONE HUNTER only. Something about " if you tell let one hunter on your property, 50 will show up the next morning" . I can' t believe they said that! [:' (][:@]

Butch
Old 10-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

What do you think of this farm as a deer/turkey/goose hunting area?
I think it looks like a great place to hunt. Alot of good cover and food. And no other hunting pressure. I would feel like a king if I were the only one alllowed to hunt there.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

I would hunt it only with a N/NW wind. I would enter from the farm house, Take that fence row SE (walking along the E side), then take the next fence row SW (walking along the S side) until I was at the stream south of the ' VA Power Thing,' cross the stream & travel north until I found a crossing & set up 30 south of it.

Again I would only hunt it with a N/NW wind. I don' t know if there are crops around your farm, that might alter my set up.