Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Frustrating weather

Old 10-28-2003, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Frustrating weather

Man this is just bumming me out. I' m starting vacation soon and the weather is going to be hot here the next week. It' s going to make hunting miserable, and keep the deer activity down. [:@][:@]
Old 10-28-2003, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Frustrating weather

It' s almost November ... we' re supposed to be cold and snowy here in Pittsburgh. Not shorts and a tshirt.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:13 AM

Lot' s of rain and wind here in Upstate NY....except on days I have to work which are of course gorgeous.

Fortunatly, most my vacation time is still coming up!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

I feel your pain!

Opening weekend of gun season starts this Saturday here in east TX. The weather is perfect right now. Low this am was 45 and high in the mid to upper 70' s but supposed to be 80 plus for the weekend. I don' t expect freezing temps and snow but 80!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:37 AM

what are you talking about, through november 6th your avarage high is going to be 64 and your avarage low is giong to be 42. thats not bad brother. not too hot, not too cold.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:43 AM

I' m sorry to hear your misfourtune with the weather gods. Up here in maine the only problem I had last week was trying to keep circulation in my fingers and toes. It has warmed up a bit over the weekend but the warmer weather came with rain which is just fine with me.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey buddy- Easy for you to say while your sitting in your 72 degree office, I was out this morning and my glasses fogged and then froze, had every piece of clothes on to keep from freezing to death. I' ll take it 60 degrees and crunchy leaves, I must be gettin old.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

The last few days BEFORE I went on vacation were very cool (20' s) and windless with frost every morning. On Saturday, my vacation started and BAM! Hot weather is forecasted all week and into the foreseeable future. Yesterday it rained over 3 inches and it' s supposed to rain again tonight and tomorrow morning---and don' t forget the winds that are supposed to accompany all this!![][:@][:' (]

That has been the pattern so far for the days I' ve been able to hunt this season--hot and/or rainy and/or windy. All other days: cool and windless with no rain.

At least it seems that way at times!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I seen mre deer when it was warm this year, Why cause I could sit all day without freezing my tush off.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

From the info I have collected so far from this season I have definately noticed an increase in deer activity on cooler days. Most activity I have recorded so far has been on days where the high temp was in the 40' s.

Quick Reply: Frustrating weather

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.