Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OOOH..THE TRIALS OF BOWHUNTING

Old 10-27-2003, 10:19 AM

Default OOOH..THE TRIALS OF BOWHUNTING

Went out Friday morning and around 9:15 I hear some water splashing around this pond that is to the right of me. I could not make out what was over there due to a tree blocking my view. Just for fun I do a little doe bleat toward the ground in that direction. The next thing I know this thing is flying out of the water up the side of the bank and is running at full speed around the pond coming right in my direction. Its a 10 pointer. He runs around this thicket and stops in a clearing about 60yds out. He is standing there broadside and I can see each breath exhale through his nostrils. He starts to walk off so I give another little bleat and he just keeps on walkin. Do you think he was spook or did the bleat actually send him looking for the doe???

Saturday morning was much colder with gusts of 30mph. My tree is swaying side to side. The leaves are blowing everywhere the grass is swaying back and forth constantly. Around 8:00 I am scanning my area keeping my attention more towards that pond. I start to scan back away from the pond when I catch movement to my left. I look and it' s a 6 pointer 15 yds away and walking past me. This little chit snuck right in on me. I dont know if it was all the wind making it hard for me to pick up on the movement as well as not hearing him, but by the time I turn around he is walk straight away offering no shot. I grunt and he keeps walking. See ya later little guy, maybe next time. That same morning was opening day for muzzle and my friend takes a doe and a buck 15 minutes apart and was back to the truck by 7:45...Gotta love bowhunting!!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OOOH..THE TRIALS OF BOWHUNTING

You' ve got to love those types of encounters. They can be both exciting and frustrating at the same time.