Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-25-2003, 10:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Don' t use these broadheads!

The only ones I ever used I didn' t like(and I shot 8 or 10 deer with them) were the old Razorbak 5' s. It was billed as a 7/8 inch cutting diameter(I think that was a stretch). Anyway, the fault I found with them was horrible blood trails. I guess by todays standard broadhead you wouldn' t have that problem as there are many of any with that small a cut. Blood trails was my only gripe with them.

Another that Len tried this year was the Razorring or whatever it' s called. Horrible performance.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

Rocky Revolutions, Shot 4 deer with them, on 2 of the deer they worked just fine. The other 2 were hits at close range (10 yards and under), and from what I could ascertain neither broadhead ever opened. Both arrows went thru the deer like hot knives through butter, much faster then Ive seen with other hits, very little blood and no deer.[:' (] I took the one broadhead home and slammed it through thick cardboard several times, couldnt get it to open going thru the cardboard.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Razor Rings, and just about anything made by Satellite. Just to many other high quality choices to bother with a poorly made product.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

I tried some cheaper mechanical broadheads called Shockwave once, shot at
one deer and it did not open, I would say don' t use those.

Old 10-26-2003, 06:39 AM

I have to say something about the Shockwave head mentioned above. I find it VERY hard to believe that head didnt open and have to say no way. I have taken deer at quite steep angles with that head and had GREAT entry and exit holes. I have shot that head more than any broadhead especialy when I first decided to use mechanicals because I was worried..... I shot them through targets 50 times or so - and they always opened on a target also.

They may be a lower price head but they are probobly one of the top 5 mechanical heads on the market as far as penetration, reliability, sharpness, and accuracy......... MANY others on this forum will agree - this head does not belong on a ' poor broadhead' list.........
Old 10-26-2003, 06:45 AM

Gold Tip Gladiator

Blades rust. Shot a 50# doe last week. Perfect shot, deer ran 24 yards and fell over. Found my arrow in the dirt with no broadhead on it. NO big deal, maybe it just broke off in the dirt?

Followed short blood trail. About 4 yards from where my deer lay, I found the ferrule of the braodhead. I shot it as a 4 blade. Came out as a 2 blade (both fixed blades broke off).

I don' t know how this could happen (sounds physically impossible). The broadhead broke where the metal/composite meet. The insert is shot.

Back to Muzzy' s for me.

Gold Tip arrows still rock though (4 deer with same arrow til I broke it)
Old 10-26-2003, 11:35 AM

I bought a 3 pack of these, lost 3 deer and 3 arrows, one deer i hit in the shoulder from 20 yards, i can about understand that, but the other 2 deer were shots from less than 10 yards, penatrated only a few inches

Old 10-26-2003, 11:44 AM

Gold Tip Gladiator

Blades rust. Shot a 50# doe last week.
50 lb? that doesnt qualify for a doe. You shot a baby!
Old 10-26-2003, 11:46 AM

TreePhantom, I fail to understand how the blades rusted, unless you took absolutely no care of the broadheads and paid no attention to them. They shouldn' t rust, but if they are rusted, why did you hunt with them anyway? Also, why did you shoot a 50# doe? Sounds awfully small to me, or do you have an overgrown population of yearlings? I shoot Gold Tips, my grandpa shoots Gold Tips, heck my whole family shoots them, along with many of our hunting buddies. We have never had any problems with them.

Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.