Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-26-2003, 07:58 PM

Default RE: Don' t use these broadheads!

atlasman

I know i had some other problems, and i didnt include my whole story, but he asked for everyones opinion and i gave him mine. They may be the best broadheads in the world, but all my problems this year have just taken my confidence right out of the steel force. They looked good, and were crazy sharp, even after shooting a target a few times. I didnt mean to give the empression that they are horrible, i was just saying ive had bad experience with them
Old 10-26-2003, 08:36 PM

I was testing Spitfires 100, at first I was impressed by the design - no washer, no rubber band, 1 1/2 cutting diameter, their were shooting like field points.
After reading number of complains of Spitfires not opening, I examined the blade locking system and the shape of rear tips of the blades (those little wings sticking out) I think that there is small possibility of the blades not opening.
Regardless how small the chance is, I don' t want to play the odds at the moment of truth when I have to concentrate on so many things.
Further more I' m not buying NAP' s explanation that sometime the blades will close after passing trough, as a result of sudden lost of friction, I was playing with them and just can' t see it happening. To me it sounds like very defensive move by the company, obviously addressing more than just a few complans, why don' t they use the same " wanderful" locking system on other mechanicals, all other NAP' s mech' s have O rings.
Please don' t get me wrong, I did not run a thorugh scientific test, and all my Spits opened, and I can imagine the great damage they can cause to an animal. All I' m saying is that I believe that a small possibility of failure exists.
Spitfire users, please be gentle on me[8D]
Old 10-27-2003, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cabelas Lazer Exterminators...which was their past years' expandable " House" broadhead design. They changed this past year to something more closely resembling the Rocket Sidewinder.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

I will concur with the others regarding the Steel Force broadheads. All of my hunting buddies use them with excelent results. It certainly is not the largest cutting diameter fixed blade you will find, however the flight characteristics are just awesome and as the others have stated, are just scary sharp.

When using this head, penetration has never been a factor.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:30 AM

I have to agree with the post on the Spitfires. These heads performed well on the perfect behind the shoulder shots, but as we all know not every shot is perfect. I hit a deer last year to far forward and the arrow only penetrated about 4 inches on the shoulder shot. After that I switched back to my Muzzys, I have killed 4 deer this year with the same Gold Tip arrow and the same Muzzy head (replaced the blades) and will be in stand tonight with that same arrow and head on the string.I have decided from now on not to buy into the hype on alot of these new products anymore. I' m gonna stick with the old faithfull from now on, they may take a little more work to tune over the expandables but I think its worth the extra time in the long run. If it aint broke dont try to fix it!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I disagree that shockwaves should be on this list. It' s a damn good head.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:08 AM

Razor Rings, and just about anything made by Satellite. Just to many other high quality choices to bother with a poorly made product.
5 shot, I' m sorry to hear this. I certianly don' t know about all of satelite' s products but I' ve shot the Satelite TNT mag 125g and absoutely love them. I get pass through nearly every time w/ good blood. The only thing I dislike is they are old and I can' t seem to find relacement blades Good thing I bought a bunch of blades when I bought the heads. On account of this I will probably and regretably so , end up replacing my broadheads with some Muzzy I' ve seen nothing but great post on Muzzy and look forward to trying them.
Has anyone else shot the TNT mags? If so, did you think thumbs up or down? It may be I' m shooting crap and don' t know it but I' ve had no complaints.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:12 AM

atlasman

I know i had some other problems, and i didnt include my whole story, but he asked for everyones opinion and i gave him mine. They may be the best broadheads in the world, but all my problems this year have just taken my confidence right out of the steel force.
It' s cool............last year I had a 4 blade Muzzy bend all to hell after being shot in the ground.......dug up area, no rocks no nothing. Just a rotten tree root the size of my little finger that the head hit. I didn' t like the way they flew either. I talked about it here and got blasted for daring to question the sacred Muzzy brand. I emailed Muzzy and told them my problems and they sent me a package of 3 blade 100 grain heads that fly absolutely perfect.........haven' t shot anything with them yet because my Magnus heads fly even better.

No one is saying you can' t have a problem with a reputable name brand of anything...........hell, I had all kinds of problems with my Bowtech Patriot this year!!!!

I just didn' t see the connection between your problems and the SteelForce heads I guess.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:41 PM

Rocket Hammerhead is just not strong enough for elk. Broke 2 blades entering luckly 1 blade did enough damage, but the trailing job was a long one.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:46 AM

in my opion there are few bad broadheads... if you put it in double lung or heart shot a bad broadhead will do the job... hit them were you are suppose to and you get a quick easy kill every time

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.