Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Don' t use these broadheads!

I would definitely stay away from " Twig Finder" brand broadheads. They' re the ones that seem to always find that one teeny tiny twig and deflect your arrow at the last second!

It' s been a while since I' ve looked at other brands (cuz' I like my muzzy' s ) so I don' t know if they make them any more, but I would stay away from broadheads with solid cutting blades. I don' t mean fixed blades, I mean the heads that the cutting blades are solid instead of having the cutouts. Solid blades can tend to lead to less bleeding especially if you don' t get a pass-through.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:51 PM
Dominant Buck

50 lb? that doesnt qualify for a doe. You shot a baby!
Mossy Oak... maybe he doesn' t count it that way if the spots are gone.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:25 PM

I bought a 3 pack of these, lost 3 deer and 3 arrows, one deer i hit in the shoulder from 20 yards, i can about understand that, but the other 2 deer were shots from less than 10 yards, penatrated only a few inches

You really should include the rest of the story. With all the other problems you were having I hope you don' t think that the broadheads were to blame for your trouble.........especially after they were shot into a target and then taken hunting

I own 3 of these heads and they are SCAREY sharp and fly very well. I will be the first to say that I have not seen them perform on a deer but I have a hard time believing they would be anything less then great.

I have heard VERY few if any complaints about SteelForce heads and they have a great reputation for taking game much larger then deer with no problem.

Old 10-26-2003, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

My top 5 picks for worst broadheads in recent times?

1)RazorRing
2)RazorRing
3)RazorRing
4)RazorRing
5)Pucketts Bloodtrailers

[:-]
Old 10-26-2003, 04:33 PM

MOBH. I SHOOT STEELFORCE WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.I SHOT A 250LB BOAR@26YARDS FROM MY MATHEWS FX COMPLETE PASS THRU BEHIND THE SHOULDER DBL LUNG.2 DOES 100LBS A PIECE 25 & 30YARDS SAME RESULTS.BH' S STILL AS SHARP AS WHEN THEY CAME OUT OF THE BOX.THEY DON' T BELONG ON THE LIST.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Spike

ShockWave did a great job on one yesterday. Hit broadside at 16 yds. He only went 40 yards. Have taken 4 others in the last two years with them. I like um.

Dayton
Old 10-26-2003, 05:57 PM

MAN,,,There are a few GREAT heads on this short list[]I don' t get it ??...STEELFORCE ??,not penatrating ???,,you have to be pulling my leg.Your arrows must be flying sideways when they hit,,thats the only thing I can think of..
Shockwaves,,not opening ???I have shot them into my fresh Mckenzies,,with 3 rubber bands,,,TIGHT RUBBER BANDS,,so tight,,I had a very hard time pulling them open.Well,,the bands were NO MATCH for the impact.Those blades opened EVERY time and held up VERY well.If I go back to useing mech.heads,,they WILL be the ones [:-]
Old 10-26-2003, 06:23 PM

The worst broadheads that I ever used were the old Browning Serpentine Heads. The blades were supposed to cut a hole in the shape of a figure 8.

bmott
Old 10-26-2003, 06:52 PM

BradN:
Gladiator blades are carbon steel. You can breath on carbon steel and it will rust. Carbon steel does/will retain an excellent edge despite being rusted. I was tired of coating my blades with vegetable oil. I' ll stick with a stainless steel broadhead.

And yes, I do hunt an area that is over-populated with deer. The average 1.5 YO doe is ~70# live weight. This years fawns are 40-50#' s. And yes, I will shoot a 40# deer in an over-populated area.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:59 PM

I had some Gold Tip Gladiators a while back and noticed that the blades we' re slightly oxidized right out of the package!

I shot at a groundhog this summer with them, went to retrieve the arrow and the head had snapped off in the insert. The rest of the head was gone! How did they ever bring them onto the market?!?

Tyler

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.